Italan vs. Japanese track bikes

etymolowned.

generally i’d say italian with some exceptions.

which ever one fits me and get me laid

This would be a good opportunity for those with the knowledge and experience to talk about typical differences in design philosophies between the two countries mentioned.

i think pretty much japan stole italian frame design
nagasawa was an apprentice for pogliaghi
yoshi konno debrazed cinellis to see how they were made
they are probably pretty similar
besides being built in other countries
and some funky things that some keirin bike have like 80 degree seat tubes

[quote=“dooktruck”]i think pretty much japan stole italian frame design
nagasawa was an apprentice for pogliaghi
yoshi konno debrazed cinellis to see how they were made[/quote]

hell yeah. AZNs be sneaky

fine not stole borrowed

That’s a pretty ignorant thing to say, from an historical perspective. I suggest doing some research before you assume that it’s all Western arrogance or some other nonsense.[/quote]

You’re right. I made a statement with little grounds to back up on. Thanks for educating me otherwise.

It’s cool. Sorry if I came off a little harsh, but you kind of hit a raw nerve. I’m always annoyed by people who assume Americans are doing something wrong or mispronouncing a word because it’s different than how it’s done elsewhere, although after re-reading your post, you weren’t really implying that at all.

Why? Italians were first and then the Japanese bit their style? Each has character, both are great.

This.

japanese track bikes are kind of a nonstarter for most dudes needing 56 or up. i’d shit a kitten for a bike with super ends and ishiwatta tubes.

Attn white folks, plz see mah signatuer. 55cm ankor (57c-t!) in Kaysigh toobz. No kitten pewpin needed.

and theres always custom bikes, or zak k’s ganwell, but i’m talking bout common place, wheres my $350 vivalo in 57x59?

dago bikes for the win!!!

My panasonic is 56x54.5 and fits me best out of all my bikes.

One reason for this is that Japanese frames are generally smaller than their European counterparts. Since seatpost setback stays the same, smaller sized frames must have a steeper seat tube angle in order to achieve the same saddle-to-bb angle.

Also keirin events are generally shorter than the races which were popular in Europe so it’s safe to say they’d benefit from a more tucked position for aerodynamics as well as for the increased leverage.

Fuckin Jacques, droppin’ the knowledge.

I am a fan of modern japanese bikes because you can still go the entire way with the build. I find it really hard and relatively expensive to go completely italian on a bike these days. But if you can get a hold of something nice and vintage then the italian bikes are the way to go.