It's Electric! A thread for e-bike things.

on that note, if it isnt dripping oil how is it a harley

2 Likes

Probably has an overzealous chain oiler and some big speakers blasting Kid Rock so that nobody gets confused

5 Likes

just gotta see the boomer on the saddle and then you know.

1 Like

Saw one of these in a shop the other day and didn’t see anything obviously wrong with it other than the brand.

Stashing drubs stickers on that e-hog like easy rider?

1 Like

It’s a fairly heartwarming story to be honest. I did one of those AncestryDNA shits and found an aunt I didn’t know I had. Dad was adopted and never really dug for info on his birth parents. Turns out he was given up for adoption by his mother than then went on to have more children, this lady being one of them.

This newly found half-sister of my dad runs a Harley dealership in Wisconsin. So he bought it through her and is pretty stoked to have done so.

He’s still a boomer-ass boomer tho.

18 Likes

why hasnt he joined tarck

2 Likes

ahem.

GOBBLESS UR DAD

So I think my redneck boom clamp set-up on the TSDZ2 was not ideal. I think maybe the motor wants to spin itself backwards, but obviously mashing on the cranks makes it want to rotate forwards?.. anyway, the thing got a little play in it after I mashed my way to work today in “sport” mode. Plan was to go to Home Depot after work and get some stuff for the garden, and apparently need to try getting another p-clamp too

But since the whole thing was a little loose I started going into redneck repair mode at work today. Managed to get the lock-ring on the motor tightened with a chopstick and and rubber mallet (RIP chopstick) and jammed some corrugated cardboard in the current over-sized p-clamp in the hopes that it will not rotate much on the way home. This is all sort of taking me back to my motorcycling days in college lol

4 Likes

its been two days. where are the pics

If it’s similar to the Bafang one, it’s definitely something that needs to be cranked up real good.

1 Like

get this. I can’t go over there to assemble it because I threw my lower back out and can barely move.

I am the boomer now.

8 Likes

It’s undeniably fun as fuck to ride. Head badge glows like a MacBook. Has nice stoppy brakes that are very much internally routed.

11 Likes

I fuckin hate that downube-headtube-fork interface but it surprisingly looks like a set of decent design choices.

1 Like

So many framebag possibilities.

5 Likes

Go for more capacity. I have a 20 amp hour battery on my bbshd bike and with full power only throttle use, tons of hills on my commute gets me at least 22 miles. I call that a win. 22 mi in like an hour and 5 minutes

I would definitely say a torque sensing bike would be better for a non-enthusiast.

lmao jesus dude. Different motor and usage I understand but I think I’m going to have a safe range of like 60-80 miles. But I’m definitely not going full-power, all-throttle at 25mph either.

Totally. I’m just saying, the weight difference between batteries is not that noticeable once on the bike. For what it is worth, we rode around at low speeds and I did a ton of peddling and with two kids on the back and I think we rode 5 or 10 miles and I was still at 100% I think. But yeah, I think I will be going back to bike commuting now with these gas prices. I saw diesel was almost $7 a gallon. Just insane