It's Electric! A thread for e-bike things.

i know of one. not sure about any others

I’m your huckleberry. Well, one of the other huckleberries.

I have scant prior ebike experience, but I will say these ride real nice. It’s interesting to contrast with the higher-powered rentals I’ve tried, that seemed like they might be trying to kill me. I can look at all the battery and motor stats, but that doesn’t communicate how important a smooth power delivery and especially the transitions from coasting to pedalling are to how fun the bike is to ride, and how confident I feel on it.

I only have rear hub version at my location, but a mid drive should arrive in the near future.

5 Likes

I’m very excited to try this bike and also to sell a lot of them to make a lot of money for tarckers and myself :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

I have to say, one of the biggest disappointments of putting together an E-kit is that I really liked it and now I see all these other sweet e-bikes that I’m assuming aren’t quite as janky lol

2 Likes

Really love the xtracycle with the Bosch drive. Interested to try some other motor makers.

2 Likes

I dig my conversion, but probably would just consume a Tern ebike if it needed to be replaced.

1 Like

Definitely have that on my steel bikes that have used the bbshd. Not sure if it is just paint or steel is also imprinted.

1 Like

lol, my coworker ordered an ebike online and it showed up without a battery or a rear wheel

4 Likes

tell me it’s rear hub drive

of course

2 Likes

i’ve gotten at least 1 message every day this week that my light is still on.

3 Likes

Oh this is the ebike thread

What ebike should I tell my SIL to buy?

She is more Dutch bike than road bike

I have a co-worker who loves and has put a lot of miles on an Electra Townie Go, whatever the 8-speed IGH variant is/was.

Recommended the same to one of my mom’s friends. She liked it on the test ride, but ended up buying a Pedago Interceptor instead (I think because it had a throttle).

1 Like

Gazelle

1 Like

So moved in the last couple of years and new commute is 7.5 miles at least and a good chunk of not so fun roads. On the days I work in the office I’d like to get back to riding and am looking at converting my tarck style basket bike to an e-bike. Its a Soma GR V1 but I am kind of wondering if it would be better to go with something with disks

It depends on what sort of motor you want to get shartmo. If you want a throttle operated Bafang that can cruise at 25mph then yeah you probably want hydro discs. On my pedal assist TSDZ-2 set-up I don’t get going that much faster than I used to and I’m typically coasting where I would on a normal bike instead of just hammering it all the time (I already had hydro discs on that bike though so maybe I’m braking harder and don’t notice). A big heavy battery changes that math too.

Aventon used to make sw8 fixies:

1 Like

Part of my wants a bafaang setup but realistically pedal assist would be fine and would not require a new bike.

and its a rim brake…

This looks like fun @shane.rrr

@noyesme shared a post on Instagram: "How to make a electric bicycle
(Credit: YouTube channel WOW DIY INVENTIONS)

#diyproject #ebike #ebikes #ebikestyle #bicycle #bisiklet #velosiped #велосипед #велосипеды #bicicleta". Follow their account to see...

1 Like