It's Electric! A thread for e-bike things.

Ah that is sort of interesting. I don’t have a throttle on mine since I only wanted to use the pedal assist. The assist tops out at ~90rpm at the pedals, so I’m always shifting gears. Never considered that you could just seriously spin out the gears on a bike with a throttle.

Yeah. I thought it was strange that the motor is happy to spend much much faster than 90 rpm. It’s almost a negative in my opinion. Since it doesn’t help us as humans that we can’t spend that fast

1 Like

Well i started ordering parts to electrify the clydesdale. Gonna be a little expensive but hoping itll make less sweaty and faster commuting possible

4 Likes

welp here we go

6 Likes

Did you hurt your legs?

Grew up there. Just busting balls.

3 Likes

Seriously considering doing it to my pugsley

1 Like

theres no other reason to own a pugsley. do it.

2 Likes

But pubes, you can switch the wheels

1 Like

Even more reason to do it. Mid drive motor with two SS gear ratios.

1 Like

Everyone keeps tryin to talk me out of as but I rode it as without a motor and I can always add a cassette later

It’s rolling, going to move the battery to a rear rack I think. Boost 4 seems crazy fast. BigAnt crate is on the way.

8 Likes

Rivnut the battery between the top tube and the down tube

Not enough room or it already would be there

sup nearly owns this bike finally
https://www.rei.com/product/190640/co-op-cycles-generation-e12-electric-bike
I have a sneaky feeling that its speed/cadence, which i would want to resolve by making it torque sensing. does that head unit seem like it would play nicely with switching sensor type? all my e-bike experience is bosch and shimano, so i’m out of my realm here

1 Like

What firmware do you have?

My only other comment is to keep a 8mm hex, lockring tool, and square taper tool on you until you know the motor isn’t moving around lol

I got it from Eco Cycles so it’s the Open Source one.

1 Like

Okay cool, mine is running their “Eco+” firmware on a SW102 display

The Turbo mode is pretty peppy and I can only imagine what it’s like when it is moving half as much mass as me and my Dummy

I don’t know what the deal is but I’ve broken I think three or four racks from having the battery mounted on them. The little struts just don’t last. So be careful.