It's Electric! A thread for e-bike things.

That was exactly the setup I had it in

Okay but does it torque steer like a Honda civic at the Friday races? And does that same effect also stabilize the load?

I’ve not noticed any torque steer with my front hub motor on a similar sized wheel.

Pretty sure that’s only a thing on FWD cars when the drive axles are of different lengths side to side.

1 Like

Bicycles largely don’t have differentials, too.

2 Likes

true, but gyroscopic precession is a thing— not sure it applies in a hub motor situation since the mass is near the axis of rotation but there is still a rotational inertia penalty vs a non motorized hub

Yeah so that’s my question^ does it stabilize the wag on a crust fork?

Daughter says she wants an e-bike now. 14yo. 5’6". Any deals out there? Should I do a conversion kit? I’d prefer mid-drive since it seems the nicest?

Post can’t be empty.

Do you care if the assist is limited to 20mph or 28mph?

@Dickason_Daniel

repost can’t be empty. screaming deal on a great bike.

SUPER tempting

Canyon is also having a sale on their Precede-On AL. Deore 11 and 28mph Bosch mid-drive for 2000USD seems like a bargain. Downside? No bottle cages.

1 Like

Hideous

1 Like

My question is, how proprietary are those frames to their electrical systems? If yes, then DIY seems like the only answer

I think this can happen if the reaction arm makes the fork leg flex, kind of like some underbuilt forks will steer with disc braking

3 Likes

the Shimano and Bosch ones are proprietary motor mounts but batteries and replacement parts will be available for the foreseeable future. anything else is functionally disposable.

1 Like

Oh yeah that would make sense.

No. I think 2.5 bings is more than I want to throw at this kid who may not use it or take care of it.

I’d go hub drive, Aventon 350

1 Like

rad power single speed shit bike.

4 Likes