Juan Pelota Finally Caves

Dude threw in the towel. I imagine USADA had some compelling testimony and his only recourse was to discredit every one of them. Certainly, that would’ve been an unpleasant proceeding.

welp, his 7 tour titles are effectively stripped.

trouble is, those directly underneath him on the results weren’t exactly upstanding members of the (clean) peloton.

in the '96 TDF there was probably at least two or three guys racing clean on accident
bought some bunk shit, lost it traveling etc…
those guys are the true heroes atmo

What a fucking mess this sport is.

Lance isn’t the story. The fact that the UCI sued Floyd for defamation without investigating… and the fact that the UCI tried to pry jurisdiction from the hands of USADA and shut it down. The only way Lance had a chance to survive was that, but Judge Sparks ain’t retarded so… on it goes. Pat McQuaid should be resigning soon, if he doesn’t channel his inner Juan and manage to duck the most.

Greg Lemond is now the only american ever to win a tour de france.

Your new tour winners:

1999-Daniele Nardello
2000-Daniele Nardello
2001-Andrei Kivilev
2002-David Moncoutié
2003-Haimar Zubeldia
2004-Oscar Pereiro or Sandy Casar depending on how much you want to scrutinize Oscar
2005-Cadel Evans

i’m sure those guys are all ecstatic

except cadel, but he’s nervous cuz he hides his drugs in his dual chin pouches.

From my understanding he hasn’t actually been stripped yet. Does the USADA actually even have the power to do that? I thought they could make recommendations but not actually take away titles.

^ that’s how I read it

This is retarded.
I’m pro-doping all the way.
I want my professional atheletes to be super-mutant freaks.

Good article about the conflict between USADA, and what they say ‘will’ happen, and UCI, who stood behind Armstrong in his fight against USADA.

[quote]Tygart said the UCI, the sport’s governing body, was “bound to recognize our decision and impose it” as a signer of the World Anti-Doping Code.

“They have no choice but to strip the titles under the code,” he said.

On Friday, the International Cycling Union said not so fast. The UCI, which had backed Armstrong’s legal challenge to USADA’s authority, cited the same World Anti-Doping Code in saying that it wanted the USADA to explain why Armstrong should lose his titles.

The UCI said the code requires this in cases “where no hearing occurs.”[/quote]

They’re saying that him giving up the fight is tantamount to admission of guilt. Is that really the case here or is he just tired of it all? I don’t doubt he doped but I’m wondering if this is the USADA trying to pull a bit of a fast one to snag the fish they could never land.

last sunday as we were finishing the RGR
rolling the last mile into gov’t camp
we saw another team stringing apart and we being total dicks drilled it to pass them
going from 12th to 11th lol
my legs were cramping and i hated everything cycling at that moment
i just wanted a beer and to lie down
as we passed the rest stop right before town
some redneck messin with his trailer hollers at the top of his lungs
YOU’LL NEVER BEAT LANCE
and then i knew all would be right no matter what happens
i will ride my bike, drink beer, and jump into rivers
and maybe meet some cool folks along the way

Refusing to participate is not the same as giving up the fight.

He’s got a limited number of years on this earth, and I’m thinking he finally figured that he would rather stop playing their games now and just spend the rest of his days explaining how he won 7 tours, never failed a test, and fought it for 10(?) years before realizing the other side would never let it go.

With so much time passed and so much energy and words spent, he’s now got all these years that they’ve never pinned anything on him. I think it’s a smart move to spend his energy, time, and money elsewhere. I think PR-wise even if they strip him at this late game it won’t matter much -he’s spent almost too much time as 7-time winner to take that away no matter what they decide to change in the record books -it’s already ingrained in peoples minds.

It really seems like a calculation -stopping now has more “value” than continuing to fight.

i wish more people would subscribe to dougcycling
dreamcycle atmo

^^to be fair, he has tested positive, but only in B samples at a later date when real testing was available

[quote=teach me how to douggie]last sunday as we were finishing the RGR
rolling the last mile into gov’t camp
we saw another team stringing apart and we being total dicks drilled it to pass them
going from 12th to 11th lol
my legs were cramping and i hated everything cycling at that moment
i just wanted a beer and to lie down
as we passed the rest stop right before town
some redneck messin with his trailer hollers at the top of his lungs
YOU’LL NEVER BEAT LANCE
and then i knew all would be right no matter what happens
i will ride my bike, drink beer, and jump into rivers
and maybe meet some cool folks along the way[/quote]

This is a beautiful story.

Ah, yeah, forgot about that. His stance is basically that he met the standards of the time, and that they cant’ keep moving the goalposts retroactively, and without any consistent rules or standards of how they move those goalposts or who they are applied too, right?