Juan Pelota Finally Caves

Yeah.

So they take a stand against a political point they disagree with and the response is to take a stand against the countering political belief and claim it’s because it’s stupid to take a political stand?

Hey Timmy Smith, 5th grader in Ms. Gunderson’s homeroom, who’s your biggest hero?:

“The reason I liked Mellow Johnnie’s was due to Lance Armstrong and the awe inspiring things he was able to do, mainly re energizing the sport of cycling, which Mellow Johnnie’s was a part of.”

Slap on the wrist? More like a tap on the shoulder and an ahem. How many years need to pass before he can rehab his image enough to enter politics?

Damn, that is basically no consequence.

The federal lawsuit was bullshit in any case. They got their money’s worth.

I’m surprised that Landis didn’t get more in damages.

It was bullshit in comparison to how much he owed in insurance repayments for awards fraudulently won. Dude owed like $60MM.

That Landis got anything more than a steaming hot turd in this matter is what upsets me.

Despite his less than clean hands I think he’s OK for standing up to omerta while most shat their pants. Even if it took a few years of stewing in it. I am curious if he still feels some need to make due for the Floyd Fairness Fund bullshit.

[quote=halbritt]The federal lawsuit was bullshit in any case. They got their money’s worth.

I’m surprised that Landis didn’t get more in damages.[/quote]

It wouldn’t surprise me if after his legal bills he’s mostly satisfied with the years he’s been able to sit back and watch a sociopath squirm. I think he’s due some chunk of the $5 million awarded to the government. That doesn’t sound too bad in the long run considering where things were in 2009.

just over 1 million plus legal fees that were another 1.6 mil or so iirc

yeah that’s right I think. there’s a piece in the atlantic profiling landis right now.

Stood up my ass. More like he got caught red handed and lied continuously, until it was to his financial benefit to tell the truth. Floyd is just as slimy as everyone else, maybe even more so, but he’s significantly stupider and more cowardly.

Yeah, he is a lil crybaby tattle tale.

More cowardly? Do you recall where things were in 2009 before he came forward in 2010 and started the whole shitstorm? More cowardly than George Hincapie? Christian Vande Velde? Tom, Tyler, Levi? Than Stephanie McIlvain who turned on the Andreu’s and lied under oath due to pressure from Lance and Oakley her employer? At least Dave Zabriskie tried to tell Steve Johnson about what was going on when he was CEO of USA Cycling but got nowhere. If Floyd was such a coward and so stupid then why did he succeed in stripping away the lies shrouding Armstrong’s politically powerful cancer jesus myth and break open wide cycling omerta where no one else was able to do so?

Standing up to Armstrong and the cycling establishment was not without considerable risk especially considering how far down the rope he’d fallen attempting to play the doping positive game the acceptable way. This was the dominate narrative at the outset:

“It is his word versus ours,” Armstrong said in May 2010 after Landis confessed. “We like our word. We like where we stand, and we like our credibility. I don’t think there is a lot of credibility on the other side.”

Now we all can confidently throw Armstrong under the same bus he so confidently threw Landis under eight years ago. And hopefully we’re all a little less naive and so easily suckered into believing the lies of bullies. I wish more Americans had been as skeptical in November 2016.

My main issue with Fed’s lawsuit is that they were effectively suing him for not getting what they paid for. They got exactly what they paid for. He was a fucking advertising juggern

All the damage he did to those around him along the way is especially reprehensible. The fact that he was on PEDs like everyone else is no big deal. The degree to which he advanced the art of PED usage and the willingness to destroy others, well…

That’s not really a civil issue.

Stood up my ass. More like he got caught red handed and lied continuously, until it was to his financial benefit to tell the truth. Floyd is just as slimy as everyone else, maybe even more so, but he’s significantly stupider and more cowardly.[/quote]

The real crime was this bar angle.

floyd is fucking awesome

a representation of the blundering loser in all of us, and he got the best of the fucking cocky jock. and he smokes trees.

Pretty stoked that Floyd gets his payout on 4/20.

Floyd is ready for Yeezy season.