Juan Pelota Finally Caves

Unfortunately all sport is dirty, and the ones that try to do something about it just end up looking dirtier. If there is money there is cheating. I hate the Olympics more than anything. My dream Olympics is, the sports for the upcoming Olympics are announced 3-4 months out, and each time they are completely different. That would stop all the 4-8 year training/doping and talent identification plans that small countries cant afford to mess with anyway.

and we’d have international crossfit. It’s a devil’s bargain, but might be worth it.
I say we do that and then raffle it to send random citizens of whatever age bracket from every country. Put that on your cereal box!

“Cheating” is not a Boolean value.

Everyone is cheated by to some degree or other.

This is nothing. Froome’s rise to the top of the sport is questionable. Probably best not to stress about it. In ten years we’ll likely know the truth.

[quote=b-roll]and we’d have international crossfit. It’s a devil’s bargain, but might be worth it.
I say we do that and then raffle it to send random citizens of whatever age bracket from every country. Put that on your cereal box![/quote]
That was actually part of my original plan, plus having them all locked up for the following 3 months to keep them drug free, but then I think about how many drugs there are in prison, and I pass on that idea. Anyway. I’m sure it would make a great movie. An ever changing modern decathalon, with downhilling, kite boarding, cage fighting etc.

New idea: Each country sends their best, and they are sequestered for 4 months, learning a new sport and forming new teams. At the end of 4 months, we watch the teams compete. And when it is over, the team with the lowest number of successes (however defined) is eaten is sent home. Repeat. Winners get a year of free meals at a restaurant of their choice and a new motor scooter.

Yeah, kinda like the Hunger games, and the winners get free maccas. Shouldn’t be hard to find a sponsor.

[quote=halbritt]“Cheating” is not a Boolean value.

Everyone is cheated by to some degree or other.

This is nothing. Froome’s rise to the top of the sport is questionable. Probably best not to stress about it. In ten years we’ll likely know the truth.[/quote]

I find this case entertaining precisely because the team that is best at “marginal gains” got popped for such a minute thing. Imagine running a perfect program for this many years and then getting caught like this. Like a formula 1 driver getting in a car accident driving his minivan home from the racetrack.

That’s right. Which is why something smells wrong. Its like Shumacher running out of petrol in a GP at half way. It beggars belief, especially when you look at how many puffs you’d need to take to get that reading, assuming it wasn’t ingested. No way an outfit likeSKY would make a mistake like that.

Everyone eventually makes a mistake. If you make a mistake and you’re not doped, it means you just have a really bad day on the bike. If you make a mistake and you’re doped, it means you get caught.

Exactly. Some blood bag got mixed up, or someone forgot to set an egg timer the night before, etc. It was just something minor, but that’s all it takes.

Shocking

NO WAY!!!11

TTSed this on my ride this morning. They might as well give up. Looks like they have already.

Sounds like that dude had a pretty major operation, and LE has been watching him for a while, and the source of the stuff is not known? WTF? My guess is he ordered his shit in bulk from some lab in China, but how did the cops not find out about that?

So that took me down a pretty long rabbit hole… If any of you are interested in making a purchase, google Naps Gear*. I don’t even want to leave a link back to here haha.

*You know it’s legit when they don’t take credit cards XD

In other LA news, Mellow Johnnies announced it was no longer selling Vista products on FB and the crown went NUTS.

At least they have balls.

:bear:

[quote=Tom Jones on Facebutt]
· 22 hours ago
The reason I liked Mellow Johnnie’s was due to Lance Armstrong and the awe inspiring things he was able to do, mainly re energizing the sport of cycling, which Mellow Johnnie’s was a part of.

But then they had to go off the deep end screaming to the whole planet that they’re a shop full of ignorant liberals by dragging millions of law abiding firearms owners through the mud over simple membership in a PAC that counters their beliefs. Stupid is stupid, it doesn’t really matter what your political leanings are at that point.[/quote]

wat?