Kilo or Jury?

My hardtail weighs 30+ pounds. I don’t even want to lift it up onto the repair stand.

Has anyone seen an Origin 8 Del Pasado in the wild? Similar specs to the Jury. Selling for $180. I can’t find a picture of one built up. I’m wondering what the clearance is like and what kind of brakes are needed. Also can’t find a geometry chart.

*  * 700C Track Frame and Fork
* * Full heat treated 4130 chromoly frame and fork
* * Ovalized 28mm tall chainstays
* * Custom machined horizontal dropouts
* * 25.4mm seat post
* * 120mm rear spacing
* * 1 1/8" threadless headset
* * Front and rear caliper mounts
* * 405mm chainstays
* * Room for 35c tires and fenders
* * Includes integrated seat collar
* * Frame and fork feature eyelet holes for rack mounting
* * Straight blade chromoly fork
* * 45mm rake fork

that looks pretty sweet, i gotta say

i am interested in learning more about this frame you speak of

yeah, i’d like geo info.

The 25.4mm seatpost on that thing tells me it’s made with some heavy straight gauge tubing. Even Spartons and Pakes have a larger interior diameter. The last bike I worked on with a 25.4 seatpost was a 70s bike boom Raleigh.

hmmm. that’s pretty sketchy.

looks like too much bb drop to me, but that’s also why i want to see geo.

Ok, I got a good look at a Del Pasado at the shop today. As guessed, it’s heavy-as-shit straight tubing. The welds were pretty much terrible, especially on the fork. I think they have the new guys working on this one. Not very impressive at all.

Please don’t tell me michael is carrying those hideous frames?
Also, sup Newman!

[quote=danny]Please don’t tell me michael is carrying those hideous frames?
Also, sup Newman![/quote]

'Sup dude!

No, someone had brought one in that they won somewhere. Not much of a “prize.” We spent about ten minutes making fun of it.

[quote=that guy]

'Sup dude!

No, someone had brought one in that they won somewhere. Not much of a “prize.” We spent about ten minutes making fun of it.[/quote]

yeah, i never been even the slightest bit impressed with anything origin 8 has produced.
you need come visit man! we can ride the 'drome in Boulder, do some sweet mountain biking in Moab, and hit up Shotgun Willies all in one weekend!

[quote=danny]yeah, i never been even the slightest bit impressed with anything origin 8 has produced.
you need come visit man! we can ride the 'drome in Boulder, do some sweet mountain biking in Moab, and hit up Shotgun Willies all in one weekend![/quote]

Don’t make me sick of St. Pete any more than I already am!

I’m about this “-” close to buying a Fantom Cross Uno.

yeah, as far as new complete cross bikes go, they’re pretty much the best deal out there right now. curiousincident has got a white 54cm fs in marketplace, in case hadn’t already peeped it.

^ - Underside of toptube cable routing.

If it’s a problem I can just knock off those braze-ons and move them where I see fit. I seriously doubt it will bother me very much.

Ok, well racing CX singlespeed sucks. How about that?

Can’t wait to find that out for myself. I am attracted to the idea of having a built-in excuse for not winning, though.

I’d be more into the Jury if it had canti studs.