Kit Chat

i also just hate everything about saunas so i’m not really able to assess the situation

It’s certainly not a requirement. My point is that with the physiological response to the heat and the nakedness, that an inclination towards sexual activities shouldn’t seem unusual.

'course there’s plenty of circumstances where. it’d be entirely inappropriate.

BITD when I was living in the Santa Cruz mountains, I would visit the Teahouse spa pretty frequently, which had lovely spa/hot tub private rooms overlooking a bamboo garden. On the way in, I discovered a friend that worked there. As I was headed in, she sang a little jingle at me. It seemed apparent this was a common thing to sing.

“Don’t get jizz in the sauna!”

Kinda ruined the mood for me.

2 Likes

Same

i would wear used kit because i have a washing machine

1 Like

but butt but butt

My original Rapha kangaroo shoes bit it last year, and I bought some amazing Fizik Vento Powerstraps that I love. But my current plan is to go back to outdoor riding on March 10 and I need a road shoe that isn’t more holes than fabric, riding the Fiziks in December was kind of torture. Suggestions? I need a shoe that isn’t a winter shoe but is generally poorly ventilated and not super expensive since they are basically for March and April and late Nov-Dec.

Why not shoe covers?

Because I really, really hate struggling with them

1 Like

Shimano RC7

Are they as pinchy as S-Phyres? I had a pair of Sphyres and they were not good for me.

Dunno I had some cheap ass potenza neoprene things and they took about 30 seconds to throw on. If you’re struggling with shoe covers you’re shopping at the wrong end of the market.

I have sidi rain shoes for this purpose. I forget the model name.

It’s my understanding the other shoes use a slightly different fit. XC7 and RX800 both work well for me. Fit seems similar to the mid-level Fizik stuff I have tried on.

I have the RX800 and the RC9. The RC9 has a boa that tightens the forefoot and mid-foot simultaneously. For me, this causes pinching across the proximal phalanges if I torque that one down as much as I’d like it to be across the mid-foot. As a result, I have to really tighten the boa on the instep strap to feel secure.

The RX800 is different in that it has a boa that tightens the instep and mid-foot and has a velcro strap for the forefoot. I can crank on the boa and not bother my forefoot. Snug the velco strap and I’m good to go.

From what I can tell the RC7 is arranged similarly to the RC9 and may suffer that same issue.

I ended getting Lake CXZ176 shoes, they are supposed to be specifically designed for winter without being boots and they were the right price ($112 at PBK). Despite the confusing “CX” in their name they are 3-hole

1 Like

I would have just recommended staying with fizik. The cut of a lake shoe and a fizik shoe is very different.

Apparently the cut of new Fizik shoes as they introduce new models, including the one I have, is very different from earlier Fizik shoes so I’m not sure that applies

Oh yes. I only have a pair of ancient made in Italy fizik shoes.

They are also kangaroo leather. I assumed they were made somewhere that also makes soccer cleats. I wear them off and on but they are pretty warm. I ended up buying the rapha pro team knit shoe. It has tons of ventilation.

Dammit. Now I’m lusting after these Terra Arctica X2. With the Boa closure, they got rid of the only problem with the Arctica X5.