Kit Chat

that giro looks real nice but I can’t a $250 helment.

1 Like

Why not cut off wool pants

1 Like

like are we talking macramé chaps here?

maybe

eta: it seemed to me like something swrve would make? wool jeans appears to be the term I needed

I just donated some Italian army surplus wool knickers. Maybe look for something similar. They were pretty nice heavy wool. Wore out the ass after about 4 years of near daily winter wear. They were pretty fugly though.

1 Like

i really like my louis garneau course. lightweight, well-ventilated, aesthetically inoffensive and apparently very aero.

3 Likes

Repaired some old knee warmers with Gear Aid’s neoprene patch kit, and was pleased with the results. For a really strong bond, use a piece of wood or plastic under the fabric when applying heat.

11 Likes

whoa whoa whoa.
this is a game changer. I have hoarded all of my road rashed and dead leggings and knee warmers for all time and I have been redeemed.

2 Likes

my issue is the stuff loses its elasticity and won’t stay put or fit properly, not that it gets holes

4 Likes

Update: still going strong after 5-6 washings. No lifting that I can detect, and the patch looks even less conspicuous.

3 Likes

Don’t know if this has been discussed here before, but Velocio will sell you refurbished kit. I know that people here mostly either have team kit or exclusively ride in jean shorts and sweaters, but juuuuuust in case:

1 Like

I know this is irrational but that triggers my ew ew ew reflex

I’m fine with used flannels and jeans and coats, etc. but this feels more like buying someone’s used underpants that they wore to the gym

4 Likes

there’s a market for that!

when i lived in DC i was a regular patron of the Washington Sports Clubs near my office. i also rode my bike to work and sometimes would train before work and hang my sweaty wet bibs to dry. one day, they were gone. someone stole them.

this was also a gym where the sauna had to be shut down due to…activities that are probably best done in private? and dudes used to shower with the shower curtains wide open and enjoy themselves

1 Like

why were you doing your calisthenics at a sex club is what I’m wondering here

2 Likes

I don’t understand sauna sex; if it’s properly hot my sinuses and lungs are burning, I’m sweating in a completely unattractive way, and all the surfaces are too hot to touch. just let me toast myself in peace and we can go do sex things later where it’s soft, clean, and an appropriate temp for my nethers to touch

Heat stimulates vasodilation and increases blood pressure in an attempt to cool the body. This increased blood flow can be a benefit for certain activities.

you know what also helps cool the body is not having sex in a sauna

4 Likes

One presumes that one’s presence in a sauna implies a desire to endure heat and that the increased blood flow and whatever else arises are the inevitable physiological response to the circumstances.

I’ve never entered a sauna and felt like I would inevitably end up having sex