Kit Chat

I have some old Icebreaker wool bibs and it still brings me rmgrest joy to wear them.

No doubt. We didn’t go with anything super crazy. I’ve never liked any of the super over-engineered pads that have come in various “high end” bibs I have ended up with over the years. The only stuff from any company’s top tier bibs that have ever seemed worth it is FRC series stuff from Giordana. Craft and Endura are the worst offenders that I can think of at the moment. But I digress.

The premium and cargo bibs get an Cytech endurance series pad specifically chosen for longer rides. The base ones get similar but marginally less expensive pad from TMF that has performed well.

In addition to the last 6 months of various rides, I recently spent a 10+ hour day on the cytech pad with lots of impact/vibration from riding a gravel bike on 50+ miles of single track and 50 miles of crappy Richmond pavement. Zero complaints.

Obviously this is subjective, and I don’t consider myself fussy (just verbose). Not sure if you’re the target customer or not, but if the pad can work for you and please the cheese as well, I think we have a winner.

I’m surprised this fits you. I have the same and it’s tight on my salad arms/shoulders.

What’s not to like? Place for your phone/keys/id for easy access. Little pockets on the back panel for a gel or something. Easy to store trash. T-shirt rides. I rode yesterday in a tech-shirt and cargo bibs. Don’t really need jersey and back pockets for everything. Great for long adventures. Between using a handlebar bag and cargo bibs, I never have anything in my jersey pockets and it’s great.

3 Likes

I put trash in my bib pockets.

1 Like

I put trash in my bibs

2 Likes

I have been trying to get away from Rapha forever, and every time it just leads to broken zippers, chafed nipples, and a sore ass. Say what you will about Rapha, everything is very high quality and well designed. In fact, I still have my first first cycling jersey from them, circa 2008 or so? I just wore it the other day. That’s quality.

If your stuff is well designed and attractive with minimal, tasteful branding then yeah I am your target market.

Edit: Oh yeah, and designed to fit cyclists properly, or at least have club and pro versions or whatever. It’s very frustrating to buy cycling clothing and have it end up baggy on my frame, which is prototypical skinny cyclist.

1 Like

I too have a late 2000s jerz, it’s getting worse for wear - the reflective patch on the pocket is worn, the pocket attachments have run and been repaired, the elastic cord broke off the plastic part but that was good clothing.

It’s a purple LS with a Marco pantani story in the pocket

That’s a good run. My stuff from other brands usually lasts a couple of seasons.

2 Likes

If I didn’t get free kits from the road team, I would spend a lot of money on cycling apparel. I still buy some basics like vests, warmers, etc, and my sock collection is A+.

1 Like

EYEROLL

8 Likes

Yeah, I VERY much have the opposite problem as fergs. Size down broseph.

BIG BOYS RISE UP

1 Like

I also like things absolultely skin tight.

The problem with sizing down is then the torso is not long enough.

Anyway Rapha pro aero medium is almost perfect, could be even tighter though.

It’s funny I grew up like most skinny kids deathly embarrassed of being skinny and now I’m like LOOK AT ME.

1 Like

im going to go walk across the street and buy rapha core bibs rn, thanks thread

3 Likes

It seems like you need to buy whatever the most pro of pros are wearing because they have an equivalently small frontal area. I make up for my larger frontal area by being streamlined.

1 Like

Not sure if baller enough, but Castilli is very pro cut. I wear an xxl in their jersey and I don’t wear xxl anything.

I await orders.

3 Likes

@anon3547885 did you ever get a craft order in? I like their stuff for being not rapha expensive but still very nice. Mostly no/minimal branding.

Ha yeah, that was actually the start of this thread in the HY WTH

The WTH was that the zipper was broken out of the bag