Kit Chat

I’m sure you look very handsome in them though!

Bibs that also serve as clubwear

6 Likes

I have Assos Mille and PI “thermal cycling 3/4 bib tight”

So far the PI is my favorite.

Those look perfect for Zwifting :heart_eyes:

edit: ooh Velocio Men's TRAIL Mesh Bib Liner | Mountain Bike Gear
looks like it comes with https://www.elasticinterface.com/cycling-pads/endurance-2-5-hd-men/
Not sure if the Angel could handle it

2 Likes

Helping a friend make a custom order of cycling caps for his bakery merch. What brands of caps do people here have experience with? I’ve worn:

• Pace - I find these are too tight and give me a headache

• Hammerbone - probably my favourite cap, lightweight and hasn’t lost a single stitch in 8 years of regular wear.

• Double Darn - Nice but I find them a little roomy in the top

• Ellum - no complaints, fairly comfortable

Preference would be from a smallish and ethical business in US or Canada.

Not sure if she’s taking custom run orders now but every Randi Jo cap I’ve owned has been awesome. (I think Eric had some Winter caps made a few years ago.)

2 Likes

Good idea, didn’t even consider her for custom jobs.

There’s also walz caps?

1 Like

Thanks, didn’t know about Walz!

On a related note, is the 45NRTH wool cap still the best for cold weather riding?

It certainly has my vote, though I think others here love Randi’s wool caps too.

I am annoyed by PNS’s nasty logos and I don’t think they realize how ridiculous “International Cycling Club” looks to English speakers

2 Likes

This belongs in the shoop

But seriously who has seen “PNS” and didn’t think that

Obviously

Smash the patriarchy
By punching him in the dick

Is it not intentional? If not it’s a big whoops

Does anyone here ride in the MAAP stuff? Curious to know how it feels compared to Rapha/Assos/Giordana/Ale.

I have a MAAP jersey that is perfect – actually better than Rapha which is my favorite. At 150 lbs 6’ it fits nice and tight and is exactly the right length – if it was even a cm shorter it would be too short. Fits like Rapha pro team

I don’t know about bibs.

In other news I bought the fancy Assos bib shorts and they SUCK. I used to love Assos when they had the orange pad, to the point that when they discontinued it I horded old versions. I feel like the pad is in the wrong place, it’s way too far forward relative to any other shorts I’ve tried. I’m not sitting on my balls for F sake

1 Like

Doing it wrong, atmo
Seriously though, my anatomy appreciates the scrotum perch ¯_(ツ)_/¯. Keeps it all in place when I stand. Even after walking.

*Budget Assos wearer. Maybe the fancy ones are built to accommodate bigger ballers.

1 Like

that’s what the kookoo penthouse is for!

but seriously, yeah budget assos here too. i have been getting mine from that uk deadstock place

1 Like

Apparently my cajones are too voluminous for the penthouse

2 Likes

Prendas?

1 Like