Kit Chat

Guessing Swiss Iconic. Used to be called the Assos outlet store.

1 Like

Swiss Iconic indeed!

For a while they were doing this very fun luxury service thing where they’d overnight you your deadstock bibs. I’m not sure I need to have a specially chartered flight of the Concorde bringing me my bicycle overalls, but it was handy

1 Like

With age comes the long balls.

1 Like

not too fancy but i have the Equipe RS and Equipe RSR. I prefer the Equipe RS for whatever reason, so I sold the Equipe RSR. Still like my Pro Team bibs a little more, and my Q36.5 bib the most. Those are incredible, and after four years they’re in as good of condition as my two-season Rapha.

Will order some MAAP bibs/jersey and report back.

I have no idea what the voucher is for, but there’s an easy MAAP strava challenge on right now: The MAAP Clean Livin’ Challenge - Strava Challenges

1 Like

this is very good. doing it now!

2 Likes

Somebody call Rob Warner. We got a Danny Hart up in here!

2 Likes

Picking off low hanging fruit

So, apparently Kask’s crash replacement program is to ask their distributors to eat whatever costs are associated with doing a crash replacement.

Bummer.

Anyone want to recommend me a non Kask helmet? I’ve been eyeing the Spesh S-Works Evade II.

If you want to look like you are going on a space journey I highly recommend the Evade. It is ridiculously enormous

I’ve been pretty happy with my POC Ventral, the Omne looks pretty nice too.

I found the evade to be pretty narrow

most of my helmet experience is with Giro and Lazer. the G1 is pretty nice and good for a slightly rounder head or if you wear your hair in a low ponytail. the aeroshell you can get is kind of annoying to store but nice to have when it is cold out.

in Giro world, I’ve owned both the Aether and Helios (and a few others). both are great choices, and their spherical system is a sizable upgrade over standard MIPS imo.

I think the Aether is my favorite helmet yet - excellent glasses storage, very airy, and decently adjustable. Helios feels a touch less airy and is a bit challenging to get glasses to stay in but is equally comfortable. Fit on both is what I would consider as average - not as round as POC, but a little more round than the likes of a Kask Protone or Mojito.

Just crashed in my Helios helmet, and I think I’m going to get another Aether.

1 Like

Has anyone else had trouble with MIPS and cycling caps? My issue specifically has been helmets wanting to slip backward toward the base on my neck, seemingly because they’re not gripping the front of my head. Same helmets no issues without a cap.

DQ: I’m looking for cut offs but in wool for winter/rain. Is this a thing that exists?

This has to be a Riv product, right?

Well, they do have this:

1 Like

I have been enjoying my time using this

mostly because they make it in a colorway that matches my latest bike. It doesn’t look enormous on my head. The multi-mips is pretty cool and I hope to never test it.

I can also back the poc omne air or whatever is at $150. It isn’t as huge as other poc stuff and breaths pretty well but not as much as the giro.

I can second that endorsement. Helios is a good bucket. I’ve also seen something pretty cool on desks around the office/in the wind tunnel but can’t/shouldn’t say anything more

2 Likes