Leadville Trail MTB 100 2013

I don’t get it, it looks like any other regular single pivot bike to me?

I don’t get it, it looks like any other regular single pivot bike to me?[/quote]

No pivot at the rear dropout.

[quote=waxy]Levi did Leadville on a 26er last year which makes sense for him since he’s a small dude. I feel like the all the climbing might be nicer on 26" wheels for someone your size, but there’s no reason a 29er wouldn’t fit ya just fine. 26er will be a little lighter and accelerate easier, but 29er will descend better. I’m not a weight weenie, but if I was gonna MTB for 100miles above 10k’, I’d want to save weight and not have to muscle the bike around as much. Basically, conserve energy, cuz you’ll need it at that elevation.

The one time I rode out there (on pavement), above 11.5k was where I really started to feel it.[/quote]
The only time I would ever get a 26er again is if I wanted a 7" travel bike.

I think this race is perfect for a 29er hardtail. And this is coming from someone who lives and mountain bikes in Colorado.

I wanna do this now. Thanks Nate.

Honestly though, I rode a mtb for the first time in my life at this year’s interbike dirt demo. Rode with a few friends that ride only mtbs and I was stuck on their wheel. Bmx handling skills + road endurance = profit?

Ducktales, wa-hooooo.

[quote=rabbi]I wanna do this now. Thanks Nate.

Honestly though, I rode a mtb for the first time in my life at this year’s interbike dirt demo. Rode with a few friends that ride only mtbs and I was stuck on their wheel. Bmx handling skills + road endurance = profit?[/quote]
A friend of a friend tagged along with us when I went to downieville with a bunch of Santa Cruz friends. He was a BMX rider who rode road bikes sometimes and was riding downieville on a borrowed stumpjumper fsr. He had never really been mtb-ing before and was fucking killing it up at the front of the line with the downhill racers. BMX handling skills are always an asset, I would say.

Well, that settles it. Nate, I’m in. How do I qualify? I’m gonna be getting one of these in the near future and if needed, can probably get a fs orbea demo bike just for leadville (if i’m still riding for the team).

we will be doing this in tarck kits.

I don’t get it, it looks like any other regular single pivot bike to me?[/quote]

No pivot at the rear dropout.[/quote]

Ahhhhh

Been riding with a couple guys that have done leadville and are regulars at endurance races. Obviously, they kick my ass, but in the last month of riding 2 or 3 times a week with them I’ve gotten way, way stronger. If things continue, I’ll be attempting Leadville…in a tarck kit.

haha.

dreams.