Let's talk about cycling foods!

serious rage

50% coca-cola and 50% water???
that sounds terrible.[/quote]from my understanding, this is pretty standard among the pro peloton.

do tell more[/quote]
hmmm, whats there to tell… just make the sandwich while riding. Lol

serious rage

that sounds terrible.[/quote]from my understanding, this is pretty standard among the pro peloton.[/quote]

Straight pop can hurt your gut. And when you’re in the shit, caffeine works really well, so taking it all at once can be too much.

do tell more[/quote]
hmmm, whats there to tell… just make the sandwich while riding. Lol[/quote]
containers to carry the peanut butter? jelly? toasts?

serious rage

that sounds terrible.[/quote]from my understanding, this is pretty standard among the pro peloton.[/quote]

yep. also it tastes surprisingly good, and the sugar x caffeine are great.

I dunno about you guys, but my insulated water bottle doesn’t keep my drinks cold very well at all.

throw in icecubes

if i throw it in the freeZa overnight tti will be still iced after 5 hours in the sun

my polar bottle works great.

my polar bottle works great.[/quote]+ my camelbak bottles, too

Dunno what I’m doing wrong. I do the polar x ice cube collabo and it’ll be melted by mile 20 if not sooner. I don’t ride that slow.

i think you may be expecting a bit much from the bottle.

the ice definitely melts, but the water doesn’t turn warm like a noninsulated bottle.

i usually don’t even add ice and it stays cool through the entire day.

fill halfway with water, freeze overnight, then fill the other half with water and ride

if that doesn’t work, just freeze the whole thing

serious rage

yep. also it tastes surprisingly good, and the sugar x caffeine are great.[/quote]
I might try this sometime. I haven’t had a sugar soda in years though. I think my body might freak out.

[quote=klondikebear]fill halfway with water, freeze overnight, then fill the other half with water and ride

if that doesn’t work, just freeze the whole thing[/quote]
I generally freeze 1/2 the bottle, then pack ice cubes into the upper 1/2, and top off with cold water.

This only works for the first 30mi, as I have yet to find a corner store that sells bottles arranged like that. Honestly… I’ve never even thought about asking if I could fill my bottle with ice from the soda fountain. hmmmmm.

ONCE, I froze an entire bottle… then it didn’t get as hot as expected… and I had no water, just a really cold “brick” to put on my face/neck.

serious rage

yep. also it tastes surprisingly good, and the sugar x caffeine are great.[/quote]
I might try this sometime. I haven’t had a sugar soda in years though. I think my body might freak out.[/quote]

After reading about the amount of horrible shit that you routinely put in your body I’d imagine that you could handle a Coke.

I’d love be on the ride to give you hell of shit when you have your sodie freak out though.

just found this page of recipes
edit: includes a vegan muffin recipe for all you chaps that are into that

Somewhere, I saw a photo of a dude chugging dried sardines out of a ziplock bag at a control in the middle of a brevet. I’m assuming he was some kind of Scandinavian.

sardines are good stuff. lots of electrolytes/minerals, easy proteins and tons of good fat.

Back in the 80’s I’d use flat Pepsi to ward off the bonk, easier on the stomach than bubbly pop.

is that when you messed?