Looking for good photos of raw steel Kilo Stripper

I’m gonna go with this frame for a rain/commuter/utility setup after I sell a cruiser that I never ride.

It’ll be fixed/free (probably ~65gi), both brakes, drops/hoods, fenders, 28 or 32c tires, racks/panniers.

It’s between the raw steel or chrome “deluxe” kilo. leaning more towards the raw, ive just never seen one in person and cant find any decent photos of the finish.

i also wanna know if anyone has one and can tell me if its some kind of sprayed clear coat or powdercoat. if its not powder coated i’ll probably get the chrome one.

Kilo WT sounds better suited to your purposes (wide tires, fenders, racks). The raw looks cool, but the WT does come in white and a nice flake green.

shill

ah damn didnt even think of that. a 28 won’t fit in there will it…

edit: found a photo in a BF post of a 28c tire in a kilo:

it appears it’ll still work with a fender.

This looks pretty sweet if you aks me:

[quote=Rusty Piton]This looks pretty sweet if you aks me:
[/quote]

This is why my Steamroller is disappointing. This $350 bike does it better.

[quote=room203]ah damn didnt even think of that. a 28 won’t fit in there will it…

edit: found a photo in a BF post of a 28c tire in a kilo:

it appears it’ll still work with a fender.[/quote]
28C gatorskins and randos fit fine on the kilo. The fender situation is always adaptable.

i’ve never seen one of these WT kilos in person, but my roommate got some no-decal motobecane fixed bike as a complete and the cranks, chainring, saddle, bars and pedals were not too hot. that kinda turned me off of the idea of buying anything as a complete.

i’d kinda rather just build it up with parts i know are good than try to sell parts off a complete as i replace them…that is unless they are good quality on these kilos.

also thanks jake.

i still wanna see some raw kilos! ive seen raw aliens and stuff which look cool but theyre brazed. im just curious to see what these actually look like.

wtf is this bf bullshit

28s fit fine, but the issue is going to be more with the st/tire clearance. I kinda want to get something like a wt/kilo for the same reason, seeing as I sold my beer bike.

i was waiting for this and felt weird posting this thread.

ANYWAY turns out a dude i know has one so im going to go check it out in the fleshhh

/thread

I was seriously considering one of these, or an old Trek conversion, until the Bruiser fell into my lap.

[quote=Jim][quote=Rusty Piton]This looks pretty sweet if you aks me:
[/quote]

This is why my Steamroller is disappointing. This $350 bike does it better.[/quote]
TC: I have an irrational and recurring urge to own a Steamroller.

TC: I am a Surly fanboi.

[quote=surfimp][quote=Jim][quote=Rusty Piton]This looks pretty sweet if you aks me:
[/quote]

This is why my Steamroller is disappointing. This $350 bike does it better.[/quote]

TC: I am a Surly fanboi.[/quote]

What size do you ride, cuz I got a Steamroller for sale.

[quote=Jim][quote=surfimp][quote=Jim][quote=Rusty Piton]This looks pretty sweet if you aks me:
[/quote]

TC: I am a Surly fanboi.[/quote]

What size do you ride, cuz I got a Steamroller for sale.[/quote]
62cm

Jesus. Way too tall.

dammit, i need a WT. just for the frame, not for fork or components, but i do want to be able to fit fatter tires since i’ve been sort of building my kilo as sort of a…tarcklocross bike.

ive also been craving a raw finish bike! i have to assume youve seen the pictures on bikeisland, they appear to be raw with a clearcoat.

^That’s what I’ve been wanting to do with my Nishiki.

so just exactly when is the raw fad gonna pass? i wanna get in before it’s too played.