Luxos U Warranty Chat

Looking for a compromise light for my ATB, something under 100€, but bright and wide beam that’ll get me out of the trails or to campsite after it gets dark.

IQ-X maybe? Or just give up already and get something with batteries?

You already have the dynamo and just need a light? If you need a dynamo and spokes too, it’ll stretch a 100eur budget and you’ll have to get much cheaper stuff than the IQX

Where did the continued discussion of the SP factory closure get posted?
I swear I read more about that than is on this thread.

Yeah, already got the dynowheel built, but if I can’t find a decent light under a hundred, I’ll just use the wheel for a townie build instead.

Bike-discount.de has IQ-X for 76 euro so that might just squeak under $100. The favorite IQ Cyo Premium (1752QSNDI) is 44 euro so that would hit budget for sure. Axa Luxx 70 and Blueline 50 would work too. An Eyc tilted up higher than designed might be ok - the optics put a little too much light close to the bike but that could work in your favor offroad.

There’s a seller on eBay with the Spanninga Axendo XE-6 for about $65 shipped, it also has good optics (seems to be a clone of the Phillips Safelite).

All these lights have cutoff optics which are great for road use but offroad they can be funky. You roll into a dip and everything in front of you goes dark except for the face of the dip.

There’s probably some kind of Cree-based symmetric LED headlight buried in AliExpress that would be better offroad.

Velogical mounting system is an absolute fucking nightmare.

Hmm, I suppose I could line this one to the dynohub?

Maybe even charge my iphone from the usb slot?

No
Don’t do that

[quote=NKOTB]Hmm, I suppose I could line this one to the dynohub?
[/quote]

Yeah, that’s the concept, I’d just be worried about the execution.

If you want USB charging the Axa Luxx 70 Plus is ~70 euro.

IQ Cyo Premium is insane bang for the €

[quote=drwelby][quote=NKOTB]Hmm, I suppose I could line this one to the dynohub?
[/quote]

Yeah, that’s the concept, I’d just be worried about the execution.

If you want USB charging the Axa Luxx 70 Plus is ~70 euro.[/quote]

My execution of running the wires to the Shimano’s connector or the manufacturer’s execution of the regulator?

The latter… I don’t think that even has a stand light circuit let alone the cache battery you’d need to actually charge a phone while riding

All I know about electricity is that it’s blue and it hurts.

The charging option doesn’t matter really, but no standlight at all would render that thing pointless as well.

GET THE IQ CYO PREMIUM FROM ONE OF THE EURO STORES LIKE EVERYONE SAYS.

I got mine off amazon prime, but they don’t sell it there anymore.

Do what eric says.

The Cyo Premium I got is amazing, miles better than any headlight i’ve ever had. I’m pretty sure it throws more light than the stupid-bright 18650 cree light i bought off aliexpress back when everyone on brianforums was doing that.

do this, ya chump.

Cyo premium is best bang for buck.

[size=25]1752QSNDI[/size]

My Cyo Premium has been throwing a near perfect light pattern at an amazing price non-stop for probably like 7000 miles or more and there is no reason to buy anything else. If you are looking at anything cheaper/smaller go sell some fucking plasma and you’ll have a Cyo

Any particular reason re:no love for the Senso T variant (with daytime running light)?