Luxos U Warranty Chat

Does anyone make an attractive taillight? I’m getting tired of Seculas.
The compass one is not my preferred aesthetic

dynamo?

b&m has one that’s less expensive i think too

Fender mounted?

available in battery or dynamo

B&M Toplight is my fav. It has size to its advantage so it’s easier to gauge closing distance. Doesn’t blind anyone and still gets the job done. What more can you ask for?

[quote=Bahamontes]Does anyone make an attractive taillight? I’m getting tired of Seculas.
The compass one is not my preferred aesthetic[/quote]
No. See above for evidence

You can get Trelocks in the US from Cantitoe.

[quote=VT regularbike][quote=Bahamontes]Does anyone make an attractive taillight? I’m getting tired of Seculas.
No. See above for evidence[/quote]

SON taillight is ugly, but it is small.

[quote=johnasavoia]Fender mounted?

available in battery or dynamo[/quote]

I had this light, and it was bright enough and reasonably functional, but oddly brittle and eventually broke off entirely.

It’s just the metal version of the B&M Toplight Line Small.

I like that the SON version of the light is wrapped with a housing. I’m using the seatpost version with a securing layer of gaffer tape on the back of Edgerunner, so clearly looks aren’t the most important part of it.

The Secula on my sport touring bike is a bit of an aesthetic disappoinrtment, though.

I feel like a clever tarcker could use the small form SON/B&M lights to their advantage by building a more attractive housing for it.

JPWeigle-types stuff them into Soubitez and shit looks dope.

JPWeigle-types stuff them into Soubitez and shit looks dope.[/quote]
This has been a fop dream of mine for a long time

[quote=Bahamontes]Does anyone make an attractive taillight? I’m getting tired of Seculas.

What would be your dream aesthetic for a hypothetical tail light?

Speaking of tail lights I was looking at the new Supernova e-bike lights for my Cycletruck.
Their new tail light has a brake light feature similar to the Toplight but instead of sensing the dynamo hub’s change in AC frequency it appears to use the cutoff circuit that is already integrated into most e-brake levers.

They also came out with a new M99-Mini Pure-45 Headlight that is a smaller/lighter/cheaper version of their M99 pro which is a bazillion dollars.
The mini M99 is still priced way too high… I don’t get it, it doesn’t need a buffer battery or a bridge rectifier… its all basic DC to DC conversion plus the reflector optics and LEDs.

Is that super nova still as terrible as the regular supernova? Bare red LEDs do not a great bike light make.

Yeah, it’s the cool little lens that makes the Secula great.

[quote=Andrew_Squirrel][quote=Bahamontes]Does anyone make an attractive taillight? I’m getting tired of Seculas.

What would be your dream aesthetic for a hypothetical tail light?[/quote]

Probably something like the K-lite front.
Alternatively, something bullet-shaped or similarly deco

https://nabendynamo.de/en/products/wiring/

Schmidt has their own coaxial plug connectors now