Luxos U Warranty Chat

One of my SPs is still good at 13,000 miles. Another, which came on a bike bought used, failed after a couple hundred miles.

I plan to go shimano on all my hubs.

Damn I hate reading about SP hub issues. Mine has ~100 miles on it and it’s still pretty stiff. No noise (yet) though, and seems to be putting out the watts just fine, but I have no confidence in it at all.

Come on Shimano, give us a CL 15mm thru dyno that literally dozens of us will buy.

Or just anything that isn’t so big and ugly.

What about B+M? if aesthetics are important, there you go!

Hub?

Hub?[/quote]

yeah, sorry, meant schmidt but didn’t bother googling first.

Has anyone yet ridden the new XT hub? If my SP dies, that’s probably the direction I’ll head for my NFE.

Hub?[/quote]

yeah, sorry, meant schmidt but didn’t bother googling first.[/quote]
Yeah, but the moneyz.

Does anyone know why the Shimano hubs have that weird asymmetrical cutout in the shell so close to the spoke flange?
Seems like it takes more material to neck it down towards the axle than just going straight to the flange… plus, so weird looking

Does anyone know why the Shimano hubs have that weird asymmetrical cutout in the shell so close to the spoke flange?
Seems like it takes more material to neck it down towards the axle than just going straight to the flange… plus, so weird looking[/quote]

I really hate that.

I hope my 15mm SP doesn’t die. I’m quite rough on it.

Schmidt isn’t centerlock and 15mm. They do have CL in 12mm.

What’s the go to , tarck approved stvzo battery light for road riding these days?

Finally got around to installing the LS 905 headlight and I’m pretty impressed. 80 lux but brighter than the Cyo Premium (though narrower). Aluminum housing and aluminum mounting bracket. Seems to have two modes - on and auto but there’s no instructions so I’m guessing. I’m also running it on a 1.5W dyno so I don’t know if it’s even getting to full brightness. Also comes and red and blue ano. Is it worth the 20€ premium over the Cyo Premium? Maybe, though if there’s no way to turn it off if it’s under a rando bag in the shadows, that might limit its appeal. 10€ more gets you an IQ-X…

Who has dis and reassembled an IQ-X to be down hangy?

Me

Also me

Explain

loosen the mount/clamp bolt, rotate clamp 180°, tighten bolt.

And let the wires dangle?

iunno, route them however works for you.

I looped them behind the light and up to the strut then along it as normal.