Marley's making a brand

After years of trying to work with the bike industry to make bigger sizes, I’ve finally been convinced to make the damn thing myself.

Even though most of y’all aren’t my target customer (plus size folks), my goal is to make comfortable, functional gear that can easily transition off the bike (similar to Swrve, Kitsbow, Chrome) but with a much broader size range and women’s cuts.

2 Questions - for now. More to come…

1. What do I name this thing?? With These Thighs? Blonsky? Fatso?
  2. Any of y’all willing to do a 15 minute call with me to dive into this a bit more?
23 Likes
  1. features first name next!

2. sure, dm for scheduling or sort it out in this thread

2 Likes

Sent this to @kokopuff

“Blonsky” is pretty strong. Short, fun to say, no guesswork around pronunciation.

12 Likes

Are the rounded, first gen neon, style letters cool now?

stoked for this

2 Likes

Happy to chat! Will ruminate on names too

1 Like

Blonsky is a solid name for this

4 Likes

also agree that you should use Blonsky.

18 Likes

Another vote for Blonsky here.

the name Blonsky is really fun. not sure i have anything else to contribute but i’ll be sure to shout whatever brand name you choose from the rooftops!!

2 Likes

Controversial opinion: I don’t think you should name it Blonsky, because I watched She-Hulk. Also, I don’t like when brands are super tied to one actual human; it’s weird. Cult of personality or what have you.

I was thinking about inclusive and saw definitions with broad, as in broad in orientation or scope.

It’s kind of fun because it has all different meanings like wide or ladies can be tough broads, or broadswords are masculine, or Broadway. Anyway I thought if you could get to something with broad that leaned into the inclusive definition, but hinted at other meanings, you’d be really onto something. I got stuck there tho. I don’t think just Broad is enough.

8 Likes

Broadweigh

3 Likes

Rapha, castelli, Blonsky

1 Like

Blonskini for the euro market

1 Like

I’d be down for a 15 minute call. No strong feelings on that particular set of names.

B L S K for the lil logo
There was a brand in aus for bmx/motocross bros called “loose kid industries” but they’ve now pivoted to activewear and I see all these mums wearing “LSKD” leggings and hats and stuff

So you could have BLSK for one demo and the Marlbro Industries for the Travis Pastrami set

Blon-sky with like the sky as part of the branding or something.

1 Like

I thought about this today

MY POSSE’S ON BROADWEIGH

3 Likes