messenger bag, pannier, backpack and saddle bag talk

On the saddle bag, does it roll up smaller like a dry bag when not fully loaded? It’d be a cool feature to be able to just roll up and re-size the bag depending on contents and use. It would just take adding a different type of closure. Not so sure about the seat post removal thing, what about having it velcro or buckle attach inside of the nylon layer, but outside of the PVC? So, the bag would have to be empty and open to access that buckle, you’d have almost equal security, and it would be a bit easier to deal with.

Blicks, check your inbox!

Seen it. Uncle Ian and I did a 40 mile jaunt the other evening. I spent a large portion of that time sitting in the draft of this bag thinking, “goddamn, that must weigh a ton. Man, that fucking sucks.”

Also, local book store, local bike shop, local anything, either they have a business model that allows them to remain in business or they don’t. It’s business, not charity. I’m not going to “support” any business in that way. I’m going to give my money to the business that offers the best value. Often enough, this is a local business with the right kind of selection, location, and price.

On a bag related note, I love the saddle-pack, but I wonder if my fat thighs powwa-legs wouldn’t brush against it.

Stupid mentality, but you’re welcome to it if you like. One of the reasons why I enjoy living up here is the fact that people actually appreciate the fact that they can keep a local business alive by spending an additional 2-3 dollars for something. It’s totally possible to get anything/everything for a bit cheaper by ordering it from a gigantic warehouse, but what the hell type of world would we be living in if it were like that?

And also, I’m really not wild about having an expensive piece of fragile plastic in a bag when I’m on a bicycle.

Blah. I’m clogging a good post with garbage. Carry on.

ftfy[/quote]
ftfy.

(except i have a medium two-strap.)[/quote]

i mean, it’s only heavy because my whole fucking life is in there.

i’m considering having Travis add the X-strap to mine. Should I, Conor? Have you tried both setups?[/quote]
oops, i meant i have a backpack. but i was just talking to my friend about bags and he loved the x-strap that was on his pac. it’s not like you have to ship or anything. i say go for it if you carry a lot of weight.

appreciate the info!

[quote=crushkilldestroy]Stupid mentality, but you’re welcome to it if you like. One of the reasons why I enjoy living up here is the fact that people actually appreciate the fact that they can keep a local business alive by spending an additional 2-3 dollars for something. It’s totally possible to get anything/everything for a bit cheaper by ordering it from a gigantic warehouse, but what the hell type of world would we be living in if it were like that?

And also, I’m really not wild about having an expensive piece of fragile plastic in a bag when I’m on a bicycle.

Blah. I’m clogging a good post with garbage. Carry on.[/quote]

It might’ve been possible to have a fruitful discourse. I’d have preferred that in lieu of the insult. Note, “best value” to me doesn’t imply “cheapest source”.

K ordered a teal Large bailey, sup anita

Also, local book store, local bike shop, local anything, either they have a business model that allows them to remain in business or they don’t. It’s business, not charity. I’m not going to “support” any business in that way. I’m going to give my money to the business that offers the best value. Often enough, this is a local business with the right kind of selection, location, and price.
[/quote]
this this this this this!

[quote=halbritt]

On a bag related note, I love the saddle-pack, but I wonder if my fat thighs powwa-legs wouldn’t brush against it.[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing. If i put a knog light on my seat post, my leg touches is. Maybe I’m short on room between the legs or something, cuz anything on my seatpost but i guess if it were placed right under the back of teh saddle it wouldnt rub, hard to say tho…

[quote=tzusing]blicks, is this saddle bag a one off or?
I was just thinking about getting a small saddle bag. but this big one looks dope too. Why is there no price?[/quote]

Everything is a one off. They’re $70 with choice of color and embroidery/applique design, more or less depending on if you want a different design.

[quote=crushkilldestroy]hplus with the 666 posts.

How floppy is this bag when it’s loaded and you’re out of the saddle?[/quote]

Can’t really say, it depends on what you have in there and how much you cinch it down. With a pair of shoes it seemed pretty stable.

Why do you say that? There are always solutions.

That’s the whole point of it being a roll-top style bag, you can make it smaller or larger depending on how much you’re carrying. This lets you cinch the bag down tighter because everything is compact. What do you mean a different type of closure? I’m not sure you’re seeing the closure system.

Maybe, but it would still be a pain in the ass if it was this way because the liner would have to be attached to the shell with velcro.

Anyways you guys, that bag was made specifically for someone who wanted it to be more difficult to remove from the bike, and have a lock. If you think those are stupid ideas, I’m more than happy to make you a bag without them! It’s not like I have a pile of these guys exactly alike or anything.

[quote=halbritt][quote=crushkilldestroy]Stupid mentality, but you’re welcome to it if you like. One of the reasons why I enjoy living up here is the fact that people actually appreciate the fact that they can keep a local business alive by spending an additional 2-3 dollars for something. It’s totally possible to get anything/everything for a bit cheaper by ordering it from a gigantic warehouse, but what the hell type of world would we be living in if it were like that?

Blah. I’m clogging a good post with garbage. Carry on.[/quote]

It might’ve been possible to have a fruitful discourse. I’d have preferred that in lieu of the insult. Note, “best value” to me doesn’t imply “cheapest source”.[/quote]

Sorry about that. I had a couple of beers in me last night and somehow ended up on here. I certainly agree with you more after rereading what you said this morning, but I still hate the idea of the Kindle.

Anyways, yeah. Bags?

Obviously the solution is to not read anything.

[quote=blickblocks]

Why do you say that? There are always solutions.[/quote]

I have 2 1/4" of seat post showing before the lay back starts. I guess it could work as designed, but it looks like it’d either stick out quite a bit or just be really small. Since everything is a one-off, I’m curious as to how big it’d be if you worked with that dimension.

[quote=crushkilldestroy]

Sorry about that. I had a couple of beers in me last night and somehow ended up on here. [/quote]

TIABF

As an old skateboarder and huge fan of Neil Blender, I was very surprised to read this about REload.

oh shit those Vision bags are TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

whut

That’s awesome blix.

I want this: