Mig muses on 2 wheels

i just fucking wish shimano would make a 15TA domino hub

I just built a 24/24 aero wheelset using the SP 36h hub

2 Likes

Ok it’s almost winter and time to dither

Calfee will be a go fast bike to be built next year

I’d like a cargo bike ala omnium but I dunno we’ll see

I have all the parts for a rigid 29er basket bike minus the frame.

Get me into frame geometry for a sweet rigid 29er basket bike. Should I just copy an old trek 950 or whatever?

73st
70ht
Long azz tt
??

Disco frameset? Why not stick with 650b if you’re going to go fat; there’s less wheel to push around that way.

I have a real sweet set of 29er wheels

Makes sense. And you’re looking for a bespoke fop chariot, yes?

2 Likes

Circling back on the dumb yolo Klunk bike

What kind of bb drop/height should I be looking at?

How much gnar do you expect to shred with your basket bike, and how long are the cranks you’re planning on putting on it? My gravel®©™ bike has ~270 BB height with 172.5mm cranks and the tiny first-gen Atacs, but I’m not planning on riding that thing on roads any rougher than Trask River Road. If I was gonna be Clelanding the thing, I’d do a 290-300 BB height and let the BB drop sort itself out (easier done with 700c tires than with 650b, but it’s still a monster truck sizing.)

Yo I’m thinking a Hunqalantis geometry might be a good use for a foptastic rigid 29er

1 Like

Just get a Karate Monkey and some of that bespoke bike spray paint.

1 Like

Get out

Have your framepainter take care of it.

Or just get an Open (or something equally ridiculous). If you’re going to throw more than a bong at a hard tail it should be genuine carpet fibers and under 900g.

I work at a shop that paints and powders now

Do they powder bicycle frames?

Not really
I mean I could probably do one for myself but it basically costs $5000 to do anything

Darn.

Hey @EndpointBraden, what do you think of the Timberjack SLX 29? I’m thinking about one of them.

Get out of my thread with this

2 Likes

It pretty OK… but for $200 more a Marin Nail Trail 7 gets a Revelation instead of Recon and the stock tires are tubeless ready. A little different

Mig should stick with the plan to rattle can a Karate Monkey though.

2 Likes

Recumbentist’s recently declared love for threads sliding off track has emboldened me to shit up Mig’s thread more.

Wtf the put wtb tires on web tubeless rims but they cheaped out on the tires and they’re not tubeless?! GodFUCKINGdammit, Salsa.

It sounds like you’re saying I should just go ahead and build up a chinacarbon Stache clone off eBay with the Fox fork I already have, Braden.