Mig muses on 2 wheels

i want this

or this

i also want those @crowding dt shifters

1 Like

yeah good luck seeing it to critique it when they’re 600km away in less than 21 hours

1 Like

I need to cut weight. Does this mean I need to quit drinking beer and having zillion calorie lunches?

1 Like

Is this your 20hr 600 bike?

It is, took the fenders off though and also ran the battery lights all the way down instead of the dynamo, to save wattz. Jan said fenders are aero but y’know, I didn’t believe him. Also the mudflaps are definitely an aero drag and they’re riveted on, so easiest to just pop the fenders.

3 Likes

hey you wanted a 380mm a-c fork? that had some other features that I’m forgetting now? Is this what you were thinking of?:

2 Likes

What are these? Are they on both sides?

8 Likes

whisky has a road plus fork now at 383 AC: No.9 RD+ Fork | Whisky Parts Co

1 Like

They’ve had one for a while

Was really hoping it was a weird modular zit plate

It says it fits 700cx47 with 382 a-t-c. How does this work?

Here’s a 400mm a-t-c fork with a 700cx43mm tire:

This doesn’t look like it has a short enough fork crown area to accommodate the tire size listed:

Am I missing something? Discrepancy in measurement style? Fork length v. ATC?

2 Likes

It appears a mystery is afoot!

DQ: aero downtube shifters on the top of the downtube

Do the cables go above or below the bb?

Above on those little guides that sit either side of the dt above the bb shell assuming no housing run from the shifters.

4 Likes

yep traditionally through guides brazed onto the top of the BB shell, or clamped on to the bottom of the seattube like Campagnolo #630

though sometimes those Aero DT shifter bikes had the wires routed internally inside the downtube

2 Likes

I’d like to see a picture

I remember a silver nobilette with that detail

8 Likes