Miguel's fat-tired fopmobile

Very excite

Here miggy miggy Soooooweeeeet

God damn thanks Max. I was wondering when this was gonna happen.

what size crank length do i get? 170 vs 175?

if the bb shell is 68mm do i use a mtb crankset with a road bb?

40/28 vs 40/30/22? is mtb triple looked down upon like road triple?

In before Bbill tells you 200mm. 175 would be a good start.

Both road crank and BB. Road pedals and shoes too.

We are well past looking down on you so go triple, boldly. Or get a Wolfstooth ring and go 1 x 10

172.5, depends, 36/24

wait, no, you cant use a road crank on a mtb. the bb shell is 68mm, do i just use spacers for the mtb crank?

spacers included with mtb crank for use on 68mm shell

Just seeing if you were paying attention. Obviously mtb BB, cranks, pedals, and shoes. They make 68mm mtb bb’s

WTF are you talking about? Of course you can use a road crank on a MTB.

If you’re talking a bout a specific crank on a specific bb, then maybe not.

But so far you haven’t asked specifics, only generalities, and so that’s how I answered:

Yes, there exist some road cranks that will work on some mountain bikes.

pretty sure there is a rule against using a road crank on a mtb

You can definitely run into issues with chainring/ chainstay problems on some mtb frames when using road cranks.

I think mtn double vs triple is entirely personal preference/ terrain related.

I think tarck cannot definitively answer your questions because your fopmobile is somewhat vague at this point.
it’s fully rigid? for adventure touring? whatever that means? are there gonna be alt bars of some sort?

well, i found a m970 triple for $150 but the rings look somewhat clapped. i can get a new xt double for ~$175. tryna figure out which i want to do.

all i really see this bike doing is trails, unimproved roads, and screwing around on the 60 acres my inlaws own (a bunch of hills, gravel, and stuff). ahearne bike does pretty much everything i want in that area except i want fatter tires (like 2.2-4 vs 700x35).

i have risers right now

How fast do the fork legs on the ahearne widen out? Could you fit 650×50b under the thing?

:bear:

sensible ideas clearly arent for this thread

This is a thread for Mig to discuss yet another bike he wants but for no real clear reason

[quote=mini-wini]well, i found a m970 triple for $150 but the rings look somewhat clapped. i can get a new xt double for ~$175. tryna figure out which i want to do.

all i really see this bike doing is trails, unimproved roads, and screwing around on the 60 acres my inlaws own (a bunch of hills, gravel, and stuff). ahearne bike does pretty much everything i want in that area except i want fatter tires (like 2.2-4 vs 700x35).[/quote]

M970s are kinda a load of cock. I got my m985s for about the same. So either more hunting or go with the xts

You should probably just get a 29er hardtail in your size made in the past couple years