Miguel's fat-tired fopmobile

PBP Track Bike by Lee, on Flickr

re: trackdonneur bikes-

a 35c cross tire fits in the back of my 70s gitane track frame with the wheel all the way back, which means some fat 650b jawns will fit front + rear…

thought this was appropriate for mig’s thread.

[quote=joy of tarcking]re: trackdonneur bikes-
a 35c cross tire fits in the back of my 70s gitane track frame with the wheel all the way back, which means some fat 650b jawns will fit front + rear…
thought this was appropriate for mig’s thread.[/quote]

yeah, im building up a '74 raleigh pro with 650bs, clearance is tight on the chainstays if the wheels are not pulled to the back of the dropouts. bb height (what i was able to measure with a tape) is 5mm lower than my rando bikes so it shouldnt be a problem.

[quote=joy of tarcking]re: trackdonneur bikes-

thought this was appropriate for mig’s thread.[/quote]

A 650b converted track bike sort of merges the two driving themes of the last eight years of Tarck.

650b track bike (with fenders and dynamo) is basically the best thing ever
add low trail and a porteur rack and there you go

i saw this

pbp on fg raleigh pro
and this

edit:found it

and my buddy’s jpw raleigh

(the one on the left)

and then i got the frame for nothing because it looks like (someone ??? previous owner) tried to cold set the rear and bent the seat stay at the bridge.

and for the rear wheel of your trackdonneur bike, you could just use a disk front set to 120mm and with a bolt on cog. might make getting a 650b wheelset more affordable.

if i had the funds, i’d get a low trail metric (because french) disk fork + rack made for the gitane. not sure what i’d do about the fender in the rear though.

I’ve always appreciated the DGAF-edness of that Raleigh.

Waiting for the train by Lee, on Flickr
Wasn’t everyone on tarck obsessed with this bike back in the day?
Fat tire fixed/ss rando sounds like fun tbqh.

may not be the same on the pro, but my on my comp pulling the wheel all the way back means the chain rubs the seat stay in the little cog. also horrifically painful to remove a fendered wheel that far back, unless i’m missing a key fender point (which i probably am).

[quote=johnasavoia]Waiting for the train by Lee, on Flickr
Wasn’t everyone on tarck obsessed with this bike back in the day?[/quote]

making fun of what Jan called the “toilet seat rack”

dat angle of his saddangle

which 650b tires are best for skidding?

http://www.jbi.bike/web/checking_product_description.php?part_number=590795

Oh shit

lol

Amazing.

:grant: is the meme of the year