Miguel's fat-tired fopmobile

Nothing but you might want to discuss your snowflake needs with your framebuilder rather than tarck if you don’t want gentle ribbing. I’m sure you’ll end up with a lovely bicycle.

I’m genuinely excited at the prospect of mig buying one of these chinacarbon hardtails. I’ve wanted to make one a all roads mtb/commuter monstertruck but can never justify it. Hoping you do the research and I can glean from what you end up deciding.

Sick artisanal burn.

Plz update brazen plz

Hey Braden still want update on that frame

Question 2:
Is there an off the rack 29/27.5+ HT for like a 120mm squish fork?

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]Hey Braden still want update on that frame

Question 2:
Is there an off the rack 29/27.5+ HT for like a 120mm squish fork?[/quote]

Pretty sure every company has a 120mm 29er at this point. what’s the goal of this bike, 5" or 5’ drops?

No, 29 AND 27.5+

10" drops

SC Chameleon
Karate Monkey

Niner SIR9

steelisreal
pukeback ready

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]No, 29 AND 27.5+

10" drops[/quote]

I thought half the appeal of 27.5+ was that it fits in 29er frames. just get a boost fork

but really, a 29er with 2.4" tire will give you all of it. I’m also not a fan of + and fat tires tho. Too finicky to get right, feels like a blown damper the rest of the time.

I’m interested to hear that. I’ve got a sweet set of wheels and 80% of a decent/ok mtb build. What is holding me back is the weight of these things. The steel el mar I have is a chunky pig and I want something that weighs like 18-20lbs total

Do you think you’re going to get a mountain bike with a boingy fork to 18 lbs, even with mystery sw8 wheels?

For reference, a SCOTT SCALE RC 900 SL is $8500 and weighs 19.18 lbs (probably a medium) with carbon DT rims. 849g frame.

I can’t tell when you’re being serious ITT or absurd.

Sub 20 pound bike when the tires are like 3.5 lbs each…

Another reason to not go plus.

Jfc serious?
What’s a “normal-lite” mtb weigh?
Wheels are ck to wtb ?? Lightish rims. I’ve got an xt 1x11, whatever SS crank, cockpit, and small bits.
I’m short frame/fork/dropper/brakes/tires
I’d like to know which chinacarbon frame Braden was talking about. I’ve been lurking chinertown.com and they seem to like 3 HT frames of various weights (256/57/41)

[quote=oogens]Sub 20 pound bike when the tires are like 3.5 lbs each…

Another reason to not go plus.[/quote]

oh no that’s not plus at all

it’s got these 645g tires that are Maxxis’ equivalent of Thunder Burts: http://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-280-aspen

Expect whatever you build to be around the 25-26 lb range if crabon pokes.

Coworker had a Scale 900 RC and that was high 19/low 20 with Enve wheels and carbon ATACs. His Spark RC is 21.

Another friend had a Look 986 hardtail, 26", and that was 17 lbs with Stans Ravens, Olympic hoops to AC hubs and 1x10 using Sram XX.

You don’t build a MTB to be light, that’s dumb. You build it to ride nice, and if in your quest for parts you find some that are lighter than others and still provide good ride characteristics, bonus.

Ok, I want to ride up a hill nice

Ok, I want to ride up a hill nice[/quote]

How much do you weigh? What percentage of your total body weight is a 5lb savings? What do you think will affect your ability to ride up a hill more: your fat ass or a bike that weighs 5lbs more than another?

:colbert:
Bruh
Cmon