Mr. Dilthey's own thread for posting jackass bikes that he likes.

Go nuts new guy. I’ll start for you…

Actually, I kinda like this idea.

First I was all “that thing isn’t jackass…” but then I was all “ohhhhh”.

I mean, I wouldn’t kick it out of shed.

tarcklebee best new thread spring '17

That Salsa is like a case study in doing everything at least a little bit wrong

Oh wow I’m on my phone and had to zoom in to investigate.

“Is the saddle a Brooks? Doesn’t look like–oh yep it’s a Brooks!”

That salsa looks like all of the bolts are just finger-tight and the parts are kinda sagging into place, instead of being positioned right.

Also, leaving off the most useful water bottle cage is a nice touch. Really going against the grain.

[quote=wesbarf]That salsa looks like all of the bolts are just finger-tight and the parts are kinda sagging into place, instead of being positioned right.

Also, leaving off the most useful water bottle cage is a nice touch. Really going against the grain.[/quote]

I don’t understand how you can manage to install a Blackburn outpost world touring rack crooked. It is designed for maximum compatibility and adjust-ability (I still wouldn’t use one). It also looks like the headlight is centred right behind the tube of the rack, enjoy your huge dark spot.

this thread is proof that mdilby is finally and truly welcome here IMO

This thread will be an island of lost toys on a website otherwise dedicated to nice bicycles.

that salsa really is odd. xt triple + mega cassette makes me so sad. that rack looks like it could be used for scaffolding.

xt triple + mega cassette is the best part of that bike shartmo

I like that nerd crank triple too, on this bike in particular. That rack placement sucks but I still like the idea of it. The bike looks rad as far as aesthetics go, too, black/grey/turquoise.

Here’s another favorite of mine:

[quote=wesbarf]

Also, leaving off the most useful water bottle cage is a nice touch. Really going against the grain.[/quote]

You mean you can put a cage on there along side the pump mount using the same bolts? Genius.

[quote=ergott][quote=wesbarf]

You mean you can put a cage on there along side the pump mount using the same bolts? Genius.[/quote]
i think there is the magnetic bottle thing there

[quote=mdilthey]I like that nerd crank triple too, on this bike in particular. That rack placement sucks but I still like the idea of it. The bike looks rad as far as aesthetics go, too, black/grey/turquoise.

Here’s another favorite of mine:

[/quote]

i’m so glad this shit is confined to its own thread now
there is so much wrong with that bike and almost nothing right. this is way beyond nitpicky shit, like WTF is with that position? saddle all the way forward with straight thomson post? that’s like a TT position. my back would explode. bonus negative points for mismatched anodized bits. neutral points for gigantic rusty stack. that stack looks like a dog’s dick.

is it bad form for me to shit on the bikes in this thread? is this like the teach a man to fish proverb? if we keep splaining him will he eventually learn?

Man, there can’t be much clearance between the brake noodle and tire on that bike.