MTB Ride and Race 2011

Not much up on Bikereg.com yet but so far I’m registered for Singlespeed-a-Palooza

http://www.bikereg.com/events/Register.asp?EventID=11974

Zank, I see your on you way down to the party as well… who else? Dark Horse does it right.

DO IT!

Last year I smashed previous times in every MTB race. This year I’m starting base miles ten pounds lighter!

Rawr!

You’re a monster Ray! Knock em dead!

just did a retarded 85 mile mtb race in atx.

i was getting ready to ride my bike to the start line and the freehub body took a shit when i tried to do a sweet little wheelie.

The race started as I jumped into the truck and drove to another city to the hotel we stayed in to pick up my spare wheel. When I arrived about 30 minutes later I had to change the rotor and cassette over. Nobody was allowed to help me. I had to borrow tools and one of the rotor bolts was cross threaded on there by the last person (factory robot?) that put it on there.

So I started the race an hour late and still did it in 6 hours 42 minutes. I came in 12th. Had I not started an hour late I would have gotten 4th or something. I had nobody to draft on the awful windy fireroad section so I could have even made a run for a solid podium spot. oh well. sucks for me for being cheap and trying to race on stock/craigslist wheels.
oh yeah and the spare wheel I had (factory giant wheel) also had the freehub body shit out on me in the trails. I had to wussfoot it.

last year was 8 hours 40 something minutes.

improvement? I think so!

i won’t be racing much, but i’m gonna try and be more rad this year.

Holy shit CC, Never say die!

i approve!

[quote=CheshireCat]just did a retarded 85 mile mtb race in atx.

i was getting ready to ride my bike to the start line and the freehub body took a shit when i tried to do a sweet little wheelie.

The race started as I jumped into the truck and drove to another city to the hotel we stayed in to pick up my spare wheel. When I arrived about 30 minutes later I had to change the rotor and cassette over. Nobody was allowed to help me. I had to borrow tools and one of the rotor bolts was cross threaded on there by the last person (factory robot?) that put it on there.

So I started the race an hour late and still did it in 6 hours 42 minutes. I came in 12th. Had I not started an hour late I would have gotten 4th or something. I had nobody to draft on the awful windy fireroad section so I could have even made a run for a solid podium spot. oh well. sucks for me for being cheap and trying to race on stock/craigslist wheels.
oh yeah and the spare wheel I had (factory giant wheel) also had the freehub body shit out on me in the trails. I had to wussfoot it.

last year was 8 hours 40 something minutes.

improvement? I think so![/quote]

Fuck yes.

[quote=DDYTDY]Not much up on Bikereg.com yet but so far I’m registered for Singlespeed-a-Palooza

http://www.bikereg.com/events/Register.asp?EventID=11974

Zank, I see your on you way down to the party as well… who else? Dark Horse does it right.

DO IT!

Last year I smashed previous times in every MTB race. This year I’m starting base miles ten pounds lighter!

Rawr![/quote]

oh yeah. coming down for the 40 in july too.

Were you at the 40 last year?

I completely fucked up the electrolyte dose in my camel sack. Legs were locking up by the end of the first lap. A liter of coconut water in my cooler @ the feed zone bought me a short reprieve. I went back into the woods where the cicadas robbed what little was left of my sanity.

Good Times!

This will be my third time at SSAP…

I just signed up for Syllamo’s Revenge in Arkansas.

Looks Brootal.

How many laps? Deets?

[quote=DDYTDY]Were you at the 40 last year?

I completely fucked up the electrolyte dose in my camel sack. Legs were locking up by the end of the first lap. A liter of coconut water in my cooler @ the feed zone bought me a short reprieve. I went back into the woods where the cicadas robbed what little was left of my sanity.

Good Times!

This will be my third time at SSAP…[/quote]

Nah, I’m a virgin for both. I’ve heard too many good things to miss out this year. I’m psyched.

Coconut water, eh? Interesting.

[quote=zank]
Coconut water, eh? Interesting.[/quote]

Yeah, I find it easter to drink than Gatorade on a hot day.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3115/2

looks like i accidentally missed the deadline for team dues over the holidays. i could probably talk to them and try to work something out but i’ll probably be moving in the middle of the summer anyhow.

i’m not upset about it, now i can throw that $100 at the kona to get it more raceworthy. thinking i should jump on this now whilst the winter deals abound on ebay. watching some wheels, forks, derailers, brakes…

race schedule, training… yeah those details will come together later.

In for King of Burlingame 5th year in a row.

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=12510

looks like i’ll be riding for 29er crew this year. hy!

first mtb race of the season on sunday. feeling pretty strong. tapering down the load this week. racing open class marathon on the trails. that means i get to race against old guys and pros alike. hoping to not get laid to waste. first race in the new team kit.

38 mile mtb ride tomorrow. Should be pretty rad.

most of the snow should be melted today. with luck some loops could be good to ride sometime next week. first race is just over a month away, an 11 mile time trial on some trails i haven’t yet ridden. should be able to prereg once i get my next paycheck.

yesterday i finally picked up a needed tube and ironed out some headset and bottom bracket issues. aside from not being able to get my shitty park pump to put enough air in the fork, it’s pretty well good to go.

i see a light; it goddamn better well be the end of the tunnel.