My Kid Just Rode a Bike , Hell Fuckin Yeah

Yep that one

1 Like

A strider is pounds heavier than the cruzee. Get the cruzee it’s great. Especially when the kid decides to walk and you have to carry it home or worse the kid and the bike.

3 Likes

Just get whatever is free on craigslist. They’re going to outgrow it in two months anyway.

And gold is best!

1 Like

anyone got a smallest size pedal bike they want to part with? i promise i’ll send it to rusty when i’m done. smallfry is almost big enough for the next size up but would be so pissed about struggling to ride her bike and wouldn’t settle for push if she’s got pedal

3 Likes

The big S dealer I went to had one of those on display behind the checkout, not sure it was actually for sale

We’re stockpiling woom bikes off the local mombiker list.

3 Likes

Starting a kiddie bike share?

Hah, nooo just trying to avoid buying $500 kids bikes new.

4 Likes

I’m a broken record but check your local craigslist. Always small free bikes on there

That was a very rare occurrence in Philly. But I guess up here you might be onto something. tarck might have something that isn’t a total boat anchor/comes pre-dithered though

1 Like

fwiw basic strider is well under 10#, i mean i guess the spesh one is lighter but your kid won’t not have fun on a strider.

1 Like

My kid is doing bike camp this week and she did her first few pedal strokes by herself yesterday. Woohoo. Hopefully by the end of the week she’s pedaling around great.

5 Likes

2.5 year old is able to do a few pedal strokes, but then gets it backwards and hits the coaster brake and crashes. I’m looking forward to the freewheel kit arriving.

5 Likes

Yeh coaster brake is not that great to learn on imo. you just need a pretty well set up handbrake for it to be usable by a tiny kid.

Tektro junior bmx levers and perty much the most expensive slick cable and housing you can handle will do it imo.

4 Likes

Bike camp (pedalheads) was awesome. Kid can kick to get some speed then get her feet on and pedal away all on her own now. Pretty crazy less than a week ago we didn’t even have pedals on her bike.

4 Likes

Yesterday my 9 year old Rosy climbed Gatensbury Road in Port Moody. It’s a tough climb, 100 meters elevation gain and average grade over 10 percent peaking around 14 percent. Her bike’s designer specced a triple that goes way under 1:1 with 24" wheels and it works great.

11 Likes

While in the States, L learned the pedals and S learned the balance bike. Took each just a few days and boom, the whole trip was laps in my parents backyard.

15 Likes

After entirely ignoring it for four months, Ro picked up his bike this afternoon, threw a leg over it and started scooting around the yard!

This is how I feel every time I get to ride a bike:

15 Likes