My New Campy Build Thread

So, I am going to be building up a frame with Campy components (my first time messing with Campy) and I am sure I’m going to have a million and one stupid questions for you guys, so I figured I could at least try and keep it to one thread.

Here’s the frame, an '80s Razesa:

First question:

I’m going to be using these square taper Chorus cranks and am not sure what length BB spindle I should use. The frame is Italian threaded and I would prefer to use a cartridge BB. Any recommendations?

New campy chorus is 102mm, though those older cranks could be longer BB specs.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007M4JVC/ref ... nkCode=asn

amazon has it in italian threads too.

I’ve never used campy before, either, and will definitely be watching this thread for future reference.

[quote=“frankstoneline”]New campy chorus is 102mm, though those older cranks could be longer BB specs.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007M4JVC/ref ... nkCode=asn

amazon has it in italian threads too.[/quote]

Yeah, 102 is my working assumption, but I’d feel better if someone just told me I was right.

Where’s Eurojosh?

Also, where’d that frame come frome?

those cranks look like my record and i used 102.
i think the instructions might say what bb to use…maybe not though.

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]
Also, where’d that frame come frome?[/quote]

ebayz

Shit is hot!

Maybe I’ll use Benotto tape…

+1

I was going to suggest the Branford bike site but it looks like the new owners got rid of all the Campy knowledge.

i used to use benotto tape and it was ok for casual riding but once you get sweaty it really sucks. guess you could wear gloves though.

[quote=“zombie”][quote=“Rusty Piton”]

ebayz[/quote]

cough :colbert:

[quote=“sneaky viking”][quote=“zombie”][quote=“Rusty Piton”]

ebayz[/quote]

cough :colbert:[/quote]

Thanks dude. :bear:

nice bike, did you BIN? also, 102 would be my guess as well.

Yeah, BIN.

D00D CAMPY SO KOOL I SO JEALOUS SO AMAZNGG I WANNA PUT EXPESNIVE PART ON OLD STEEL FRAME THATS FITZHG

That frame is fucking rad. Glad you found something. I, also, will be watching this thread as I’m dabbling in campy stuffs now.

fuck you and all your rad bikes zombz.