nail polish remover + grips

has anyone used nail polish remover to put on grips?

BECAUSE IT FUCKING WORKS. strong v’s on b123’s. dries in a hour or two.

[quote=“lattanzio”]has anyone used nail polish remover to put on grips?

BECAUSE IT FUCKING WORKS. strong v’s on b123’s. dries in a hour or two.[/quote]

Are you a man?

I’m guessing you’re going to have a fucking mess when you replace them. Acetone is used to dissolve most everything.

ACETONE!

i can be whatever you want me to be baby

yes. but my roomate is not.

hairspray or alcohol works just fine. i prefer alcohol because it’s not as sticky and doesn’t smell like hair salon.

i usually just spray the insides with a shot of hairspray, slip the grips on, then shoot an air compressor under the grips to dry the hairspray. shit doesn’t go ANYWHERE.

[quote=“tx_what_it_do”]hairspray or alcohol works just fine. i prefer alcohol because it’s not as sticky and doesn’t smell like hair salon.

i usually just spray the insides with a shot of hairspray, slip the grips on, then shoot an air compressor under the grips to dry the hairspray. shit doesn’t go ANYWHERE.[/quote]

[quote=“tx_what_it_do”]hairspray or alcohol works just fine. i prefer alcohol because it’s not as sticky and doesn’t smell like hair salon.

i usually just spray the insides with a shot of hairspray, slip the grips on, then shoot an air compressor under the grips to dry the hairspray. shit doesn’t go ANYWHERE.[/quote]

yeah i’ve done hairspray before, but i dont have a compressor so it would take forever to dry and my patience… it is none.

you basically just melted the rubber to your bars. having fun with removal.

if that doesn’t work put alcohol inside the grips, slip it on, if it slips right off slip it off and rub off the alcohol on the bars and slip them back on, repeat till you dont think you can do it anymore, wait a few minutes, grip it and rip it.

i just acetone everything up and slip them right on as well as mineral spirits…
they dry in a couple of minutes…

WHY WOULD I WANT TO REMOVE THEM!?!?

Acetone is pretty volatile, so that makes sense. You shouldn’t have to worry about residual acetone under your grips. Hydrogen peroxide might help to vulcanize the rubber on the inside of the grips even further than that of the manufacturer, which may ensure that the grips stay well in place. You might try using the hydrogen peroxide, although I cannot speak for its utility as a lubricant. [quote=“Straws”]you basically just melted the rubber to your bars. having fun with removal.[/quote]
I don’t really think this is accurate.

yes. but my roomate is not.[/quote]

The point is, unless you’re a woman or a drag queen, it’s known as acetone.

yes. but my roomate is not.[/quote]

The point is, unless you’re a woman or a drag queen, it’s known as acetone.[/quote]

good to know…

the acetone I used is also vitamin E enhanced! :bear:

I use a shot of Elmer’s spray adhesive into the grip.
Slides right on and rolls off reverse condom style.

Golf grip install method.

Buy some double sided adhesive strips from your local golf store/proshop/what have you.
Wrap around handle bars.
Wet tape and inside of grips with mineral spirits (must be eighteen to purchase, thanks Walmart).
Slip grips on.

Dries in minutes and stays until you need to remove it.

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]I use a shot of Elmer’s spray adhesive into the grip.
Slides right on and rolls off reverse condom style.[/quote]
this.
i installed my strong v’s on my b259aa’s by soaking them in boiling water for a minute.
pushed right on, dried in 5 mins, not moved a mm since.

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]I use a shot of Elmer’s spray adhesive into the grip.
Slides right on and rolls off reverse condom style.[/quote]
it doesnt work like a condom tho… :colbert:

gasoline! dries in a few seconds! you have to work fast though.

also, acetone just seems like a terrible idea. i don’t see it melting the grips to the bars, but it would definitely fuck the grips up