New "handmade" leader frame... hahaha

you’re sayin there’s no such thing as a aluminum bicycle with robotic tig welds? hm[/quote]
Yeah but what do they use to press the button that starts the robots? That’s right. A hand.[/quote]

through your deduction, that means everything man-made is handmade.

I’m pretty sure they use tools to make the frames. If someone used nothing but their fists, I would be impressed.

through your deduction, that means everything man-made is handmade.[/quote]
They could train monkeys to start the machines.

lol… so, monkey handmade? maybe that’s why the TT is so long on those frames!

So from my understand standing. I have never seen a machined welded frame. It is possible that there are cheapo frames made by machines. But no i have never seen them. It sounds interesting tho.
My point of bringing this up was just to say that, like those “Designed in the USA, made in china” stickers. Adding handmade into your company slogan is the same type of marketing bullshit many companies use to trick people into thinking their frames are better.
Also registering your brand name in a different country and adding USA or ITALY to the name. lt just makes me cringe.
So much of the bike industry is about tricking the consumer into thinking their products are high end. Instead of actually making high end products. And continually playing into the consumer’s wrong perception that country of origin dictates the quality of the product.
anyways…end of rant. Sorry if i derailed this a bit. But i just can’t agree with how many people do business.

Btw if you bought a frame that wasn’t made on an assembly line. That is something different. I believe those are nice and worth paying for, even if the frame isn’t soo much better, the effort and love put into it makes it so.

[quote=“walking disease”]but how about this frame…

http://www.leaderbikestore.com/pd-ld-721tr.cfm[/quote]

so what, they made a whole new frame because someone complained about how tight the rear tire fits on the other one?

cool that it’s so cheap and comes in so many colors though.

Wow though those color sample images on the page are pretty worthless.

[quote=“clout”][quote=“walking disease”]but how about this frame…

http://www.leaderbikestore.com/pd-ld-721tr.cfm[/quote]

so what, they made a whole new frame because someone complained about how tight the rear tire fits on the other one?

cool that it’s so cheap and comes in so many colors though.[/quote]

Boooo… it’s 30 bucks more than the 721. Booo…

THE MOTHERFUCKING WHEEL BETTER FIT IN THE MOTHERFUCKING FRAME for that price.

it does have a motherfucking cutout for the motherfucking wheel this time around…

looks like a mother fucking winnar

[quote=“tzusing”]
Also registering your brand name in a different country and adding USA or ITALY to the name. lt just makes me cringe. [/quote]

I’m pretty sure Leader is and always was an American company. From what I heard they, designed some frames here, bought some used jigs in Tawain, and had them made there. They only sell a couple thousand frames a year, and nothing is OEM. They may not be made in the US but I like supporting small companies when the product is good (and I’ve been happy with mine).

Leader are bottom feeders. They make a mediocre product and rely on having the lowest price to sell it. Does it work? Yes. As a bike shop owner am I a little jealous? Sure why not. But if I am going to eat a hamburger I’m going to go to Weezie’s and get a half pound of perfectly cooked beef, pepper jack cheese, guacamole, and fresh veggies. I’m not going to go McDonald’s for a Big Mac just because it’s 1/4 the price. But that’s just me.

If you like your Leader that’s cool with me. But I have ridden one too (a long with a whole bunch of other bikes) and I’ll pass on it.

^well that seemed wholly unnecessary.

i liked this

This mother fucking thread is makin me mother fucking lol

[quote=“bradencbc”]Leader are bottom feeders. They make a mediocre product and rely on having the lowest price to sell it. Does it work? Yes. As a bike shop owner am I a little jealous? Sure why not. But if I am going to eat a hamburger I’m going to go to Weezie’s and get a half pound of perfectly cooked beef, pepper jack cheese, guacamole, and fresh veggies. I’m not going to go McDonald’s for a Big Mac just because it’s 1/4 the price. But that’s just me.

If you like your Leader that’s cool with me. But I have ridden one too (a long with a whole bunch of other bikes) and I’ll pass on it.[/quote]
where is this weezie’s you speak of?

[quote=“tzusing”]So from my understand standing. I have never seen a machined welded frame. It is possible that there are cheapo frames made by machines. But no i have never seen them. It sounds interesting tho.
My point of bringing this up was just to say that, like those “Designed in the USA, made in china” stickers. Adding handmade into your company slogan is the same type of marketing bullshit many companies use to trick people into thinking their frames are better.
Also registering your brand name in a different country and adding USA or ITALY to the name. lt just makes me cringe.
So much of the bike industry is about tricking the consumer into thinking their products are high end. Instead of actually making high end products. And continually playing into the consumer’s wrong perception that country of origin dictates the quality of the product.
anyways…end of rant. Sorry if i derailed this a bit. But i just can’t agree with how many people do business.

Btw if you bought a frame that wasn’t made on an assembly line. That is something different. I believe those are nice and worth paying for, even if the frame isn’t soo much better, the effort and love put into it makes it so.[/quote]
I think the main point is that in the cycling world hand-made generally means the type of work that Hufnagel does. Real hand crafted kind of stuff. To say that a machine made in taiwan frame in handmade because someone was there to throw an armful of tubes into a machine is bullshit. The leader bikes guy tried to push this new ‘hand-made’ frame over on Bike forums a few weeks ago and got laughed out of the thread even there.

use the magic of google plus the word ‘‘richmond’’

twenty bucks says you may unearth something spectacular

(about a block away)

[quote=“Straws”][quote=“tzusing”]So from my understand standing. I have never seen a machined welded frame. It is possible that there are cheapo frames made by machines. But no i have never seen them. It sounds interesting tho.

Btw if you bought a frame that wasn’t made on an assembly line. That is something different. I believe those are nice and worth paying for, even if the frame isn’t soo much better, the effort and love put into it makes it so.[/quote]
I think the main point is that in the cycling world hand-made generally means the type of work that Hufnagel does. Real hand crafted kind of stuff. To say that a machine made in taiwan frame in handmade because someone was there to throw an armful of tubes into a machine is bullshit. The leader bikes guy tried to push this new ‘hand-made’ frame over on Bike forums a few weeks ago and got laughed out of the thread even there.[/quote]

lol

My next motherfucking fame will be motherfucking monkeyhandmade!