New "handmade" leader frame... hahaha

motherfucker.

use the magic of google plus the word ‘‘richmond’’

twenty bucks says you may unearth something spectacular

(about a block away)[/quote]

who are you?

if im not me den who am i

I keep thinking it’s “hand-made leather frames” and I’m like WTF?!?!?

[quote=“bradencbc”]Leader are bottom feeders. They make a mediocre product and rely on having the lowest price to sell it. Does it work? Yes. As a bike shop owner am I a little jealous? Sure why not. But if I am going to eat a hamburger I’m going to go to Weezie’s and get a half pound of perfectly cooked beef, pepper jack cheese, guacamole, and fresh veggies. I’m not going to go McDonald’s for a Big Mac just because it’s 1/4 the price. But that’s just me.

If you like your Leader that’s cool with me. But I have ridden one too (a long with a whole bunch of other bikes) and I’ll pass on it.[/quote]

i love big macs.

fuck.

[quote=“Straws”]
I think the main point is that in the cycling world hand-made generally means the type of work that Hufnagel does. Real hand crafted kind of stuff. To say that a machine made in taiwan frame in handmade because someone was there to throw an armful of tubes into a machine is bullshit. The leader bikes guy tried to push this new ‘hand-made’ frame over on Bike forums a few weeks ago and got laughed out of the thread even there.[/quote]

Dood. thats what i’m saying. ALL frames are made like hufnagels. by hand. EVEN LEADERS. they are all real hand crafted. There are very few if any, decent machine welded frames. Most people have absolutely no idea how mass market bicycles are manufactured. They don’t get pooped out of a machine. Being made on an assembly line doesn’t mean they are made by machines. The word handmade bicycle is like saying an automated atm. or a local lbs. redundant. So yes, the leader guys are being honest when they say handmade.

brendencbc I did ask around about machine welding. And at one point a few companies did insist on trying this. But the problem with machine welding is that it doesn’t do a very good job on curves but only straight lines. So not many companies have adopted this technology as it limiting. So i’m not correct when i say ALL frames are handmade. but pretty much all.

google for “orbital gtaw” there’s some cool machine welding,