New & Interesting Bike Campenaerts

This is precisely why I went with ADVENT X when my Jones’ 11-speed SLX stuff needed replacing.

1 Like

Same up as it does down. I might try to do a video if I have time.

3 Likes

$4200 with mechanical Rival! And a Sunrace cassette!

3 Likes

holy crap you ain’t kiddin

lol

1 Like

The new Crux is firmly up there in pricing with the boutique stuff you expect to be expensive. You expect S-Works to be up there, but not their 10r carbon bikes. I suspect they’re plenty good, but narrowing down price points is a bummer.

Was thinking this was due to availability of OEM parts. I mean, they have to release a bike with lower spec or they are going to sell very few units.

idk demand is high, these gon’ go like hot cakes if they ever hit the retail floor

1 Like

Not sure if this was at me or not, but the goal was to be 1x and hit an 11-42 cassette for about as cheap as possible. Didn’t really care if it was 9/10/11-speed. Yeah we could have done it with Shimano 9-speed stuff, but that stuff was all designed around [triple X small cassette], so we’re talking wooftoot dangler extenders or b-screw shenanigans to get to the 42T cog. And I don’t have something appropriate in my parts bin, and used XT on ebay is similar in cost to a brand new Advent rear derailleur.

This was also an exercise in helping a friend who’s never really done this spec all of her own parts, and she wasn’t feeling stoked about an extended eBay crawl.

4 Likes

It wasn’t directed at anyone in particular, but your answer makes sense. Especially about being able to buy everything needed in one go vs hunting down old parts via ebay.

2 Likes

I kinda want to try the BOX or SunRace 9sp MTB stuff. They go up to 50T and the cassettes and chains are cheap.

I tried BOX and found that it took a lot of effort to downshift (i.e. move chain to larger cog). Also never got the chain to stay on the largest cog when pedaling under even the lightest load. Might have been due to my specific bike, but experienced those issues with SRAM or Shimano bits.

1 Like

The force needed to move the lever on my BOX setup is a real pain too. Really happy it was only like $130.

I’m looking at the Advent X stuff to upgrade the Lorry. Where are y’all getting the Microsoft stuff from? A shop or online?

I got mine from Universal Cycles.

2 Likes

Most shops may or may not be able to drop ship it to your house

Last I checked some of it was actually available

2 Likes

pls check out if a 2x12 hydro left lever pairs up ergonomically with an Ekar right lever

3 Likes

Will do later this week… today is all about dealing with having the front and rear doors of the building replaced.

4 Likes

tried it on my own bike. felt fine as far as I could tell.

also for ekar, like there’s a bit of metal that could be dremel’d off if you want to upshift more than one gear at a time. very tempted to try it on my bike

4 Likes

Has this been discussed yet? Kit to convert cable actuated shifters to wireless electronic

Briefly. I started to think it would be real fun then read somewhere that the battery life’s are not real great. Also shifting was a bit slow, but they are now using a more grunty battery that improves it a heap.