Seems like an interesting concept, but having a bike with actual di2, I can’t imagine how electrically actuated cable mechs would come anywhere close to the speed/reliability of full electric. Maybe good for MTB where borking a mechanical mech is a much less expensive proposition than an electric one
Yeah I was thinking of it totally as a parts-bin compatibility/dithering thing. Pull any old crapper dangler out of your bin for a transitional build and you instantly have shifting.
which model is the left lever that matches?
are you using it actuate a dropper post?
cmon ratio make a triple tap shifter. small tap downshift, big tap upshift, really big tap drops the dropper
It works great. Buddy threw it on his Pack Rat. Easy to make far more elegant blips, too.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwYGCzYAtFa/?utm_medium=copy_link

now charlie brown
Have you seen the stuff Dangerholm has done? Something weird with a shifter and a dropper.
Ah, found it, it was a repost, shock lock-out with dropper on the one lever. Gustav Gullholm on Instagram: "Throwback to when I came up with this custom 2-in-1 remote setup. Open mode and traction mode for the suspension (no lockout) plus dropper actuation. #scottbikes #scottgenius #ridefox #mtb #mountainbike #trailbike #cycling #bike #bikelife"
had a record 12s lever laying around that I mounted up to see how it felt and then removed it for the matching ekar lever. ergonomics are the same, and while I’m told the brake levers are shaped slightly differently I couldn’t feel a difference myself.
Campy Ekar and 12s do feel slightly different in the hand than 11s tho; there’s a bit better leverage on the brakes with Ekar/12s, and the new brake lever blades themselves flare out slightly.
I’m not personally a dropper post with drop bars guy, but i am very curious to see how easy converting one of those levers to a dropper remote might be.
D1X!
The cable sits between the pullbox & the dangler; modulo cable housing compression it’s just another mechanical piece. I could see it draining the battery faster because added friction between the cable & housing, but I’d imagine that if it wasn’t a stupid wireless bodge it would be just as quick & precise as Shimano (et al)'s system of putting the drivetrain into the dangler.
Can this please be a tarck reaction @mods
I just substitute smiling grant
I feel like there is a clear difference in use cases that makes it worth it. Ultimately for nuanced tarck conversation i would like to see smiling and frowning versions of both.
I mean we have “atmo” but can we have a bloodshot eye sparkle smoke eritchie
Is a rigid lefty fork a good idea though? Doubt that guy flexes any
I know rob english did his thing a few years ago
It could be if people still used tubes.


