New & Interesting Bike Campenaerts

Not even sure where to post this, but had me laughing. Strider makes a carbon wheelset.

4 Likes

Some dentist’s kid is going to be stoked. But, CST is really the best they could throw on there? They need to get Challenge on the phone for some handmade clinchers.

2 Likes

Tiny devil on your shoulder tempting you just like the rockbros bells BITD.

2 Likes
  1. I want them in silver

2. how much sense does it make to get this

Ztto Mtb Bike Electronic Tension Meter Tool Wheel Spokes Builders Tool Spoke Checker Mechanical High Precision Indicator Tc-02 - Bicycle Spoke - AliExpress

and add a good guage to it?

A fine plan however I suggest looking at the “Teny” brand tool on the same site. Teny has a bearing pivot, more of a faithful DT copy. You are right to worry about the gauges – mine was broken on arrival but replaced with a Mitutoyo and all good. Another issue is the calibrations can be comically bad. If you can’t calibrate your own tool, I’d walk away. (Not helpful here but anyone in my area can come over and use one of my calibration fixtures.)

do I care about calibration if my goal is less hitting a spec than it is achieving consistency?

Consistency is key and may be enough for you. If you are building wheels for money, I’d say calibration matters (e.g. make sure you deliver within mfg specifications).

I only build wheels for therapy, never money

2 Likes

I do the same, which is why my most recent wheel build has been sitting partially completed for six months, after sitting around as separate parts for nine months before that.

not new, but extremely interesting. honestly I love this dumb fucking thing so much. so anti-productivity. take your seatpost out to pump up your tire! smoke a bowl while you’re at it. why take 2 mins when you could take 20

3 Likes

Now I’m trying to think if I really have a need for a 26.4 seatpost

1 Like

Seems like a short hose might have been in order here

Pretty sure the last Columbus Schwinns were 26.8

1 Like

Would pair well with a seat clamp multitool

2 Likes

Don’t understand what orifice I am supposed to keep the chain break in?

The one I’ve got is.
Tenax tubing.

1 Like

Has anyone used these Specialized fenders? They come in 52mm width. DRY-TECH Fender Set | Specialized.com

The promotional video is wow. How did I miss this when it came out.

1 Like

I can’t tell if Polo Shirt is just goofing around or if that’s like, serious? The key to more fender coverage is longer fenders?

2 Likes

I haven’t used them personally, but I’ve been behind a few bikes with them.

The fender extension is like an Ass Saver and can warp. The hardware tries to keep the wiggle in check; I don’t think they fare very well on rough pavement.

The PDW or Planet Bike alloy fenders are a better value. :atmo:

4 Likes

one would think S would use their extensive R&D and wind tunnel to optimize a flexible flap shape that contains the spray, directs runoff away from the airstream, and doesn’t wobble with rough terrain :clown_face:

2 Likes