New & Interesting Bike Campenaerts

Ah yeah. That’s it. I have that on one bike and it’s ruined my shifting. Like now I always have to think when I push a lever what it’s gonna do.

someday @crowding will save us from all this with his Huret-style solution

4 Likes

That’s like someone asking which foot you put forward while track standing and having it screw you up for a couple of days because you start overthinking it.

No not really. Right foot forwards always. Same way I skate and snowboard. There’s no confusion about that.

I’ve been working on roller clutched friction shifters on and off. They’re kinda nifty but then I keep asking myself why I’m bothering.

8 Likes

you do same foot forward bike and skateboard?

While trackstanding. DH right foot back.
Edit: damn I’d be kind of interested to see a tarck poll on how this lies.

I worked on being able to do it both ways but I’m much more comfortable left foot forward. Allows you to push against the crown of the road.

3 Likes

Trackstand same foot. Descending telemark rules.

I just push against my brake and rock back. If you’re only relying on terrain you gotta step up your game

I was gonna say something snarky but then I remembered that is isn’t 2007 anymore.

I’m not amazing at it on a freewheel. Can’t really do it unless it’s pretty flat or I’ve got a slight uphill so work with.

1 Like

Auto correct error. Foot forward preference is personal. Freewheel vs fixed isn’t hard to learn. When you start to fall towards your wheel turn direction brake hard, slightly lean in then simultaneously release breaks and shift weight back.

Honestly I’m disappointed. I figured we all could just natty fab and track stand on freewheels I means it’s been a decade and a half my people.

1 Like

Right foot forward and I skate goofy footed

2 Likes

Is that server as miserable and cringy as I assume? I imagine it’s a terrible place full of dorks picking up on 10 year old trends and /r/bikewrench idiots

1 Like

i’m regular on a board, right foot forward on a bike. on a board i spin frontside much better than backside, on a bike i exclusively spin counter clockwise and grind right side, which is also regular footedness

please everyone post your footedness in this thread now

1 Like

same

also left eyed and right handed

2 Likes

Regular on skateboard, snowboard, and track standing.

left foot forward but I spent the past year working on being comfortable with right foot forward for turning on mtb and I’ve got to say I think it made me more proficient at bikes.

1 Like

What Your Foot Do?

• Regular Stance
  • Goofy Stance
  • Left Choco Foot
  • Right Choco Foot
  • Only when drunk

0 voters