Newjack needs advice

[quote=“jitensha!”][quote=“frankstoneline”]
tonight on my nightly ride I got holla’d at by a group of like 8 girls who were not bad looking. I figured I’d chalk up a “hey bike dude!” as a plus seeing as i was wearing too-tight cutoffs over little kid propalene long underwear so it ended mid calf and a plaid button up. Granted i was on the trek, and wearing a dope USA 84 cycling cap under my helmet. They seemed mad excited, perhaps girls are changing their ideals![/quote]

they were probably drunk sorostitutes.[/quote]

Oh sorostitutes and their sorastifrian ways.

[quote=“jim”]the P8 is fine the way it is. it’s not a super fancy road bike, but hardly anyone really needs a super fancy road bike. keep that bike the way it is as a cool vintage beater/grocery hauler/loaner for your buddies.

as far as a fixed gear goes, just grab whatever entry level bike you like and feel comfortable on. they are all pretty much the same in the long run, and all solid bikes. i’m talking like a bianchi pista, san jose, masi speciale fixed or commuter, redline 925, raleigh one way (someone on here, i forget who, has a SWEET one way cruiser), specialized langster, steamroller, khs flite, kilo tt, etc etc etc etc. try and stay in the $600 +/- $50 range, keep the rest of the money for replacement tires, spare tubes, and other wear parts, as well as potential upgrades as you ride and find things to your like or dislike (say, your stem is too short so you want to swap it out for a longer one, or your bars feel too wide so you swap for some narrow bars, or you want to try clipless, or your stock saddle sucks, whatever).[/quote]
I hadn’t thought of the KHS Flite and some of the others you listed… I really like the look (and prices) of some of those. Thanks for all the helpful info, jim. It gives me a good idea of what to look for. Have some tarck repz.