Official remember that time Blazedelf was talking about that thing that one time but can't find the thread, thread.

Why didn’t you just ask me?

http://store.oceanaircycles.com/products/coaxial-lighting-wire

Cos the internet is cheaper than a text?

fair cop

http://www.mogamicable.com/category/bulk/microphone/unbalanced/

it’s more flexible than the schmidt wire

but the nylon fiber mixed in with the center strands is a little annoying to deal with

What is the website that you plug your current geo into it and then you change stuff/fork etc it shows you what changed?

http://bikegeo.muha.cc/ I believe.

what are those gloves that fredd loves for cold?

they’re like waterproof lined pvc gloves, similar to the ones that commercial fishermen wear

MCR ninja ice?

Those suck for actual cold, atmo. I’m sure they’re fine for PNW winter, but they can’t handle real winter. Thought I was going to lose fingers because of those lame-ass gloves.

yeah they are for wet cold where you need breathability and affordability

not great below 25° F, but the High Viz version ranges a bit lower being dipped more

there’s plenty of fancy gloves for arctic conditions, and they can actually last in that without getting gross

How is the TMARS 27.2 post working for you?

no posts on facebook about carbon splinters in his ass, so I’d say ‘sufficiently’

The TMARS post is the 27.2 dropper, so no carbon splinters involved.

I think his derper is derped.

oh

i thought it was his china carbon seatpost

I have 2 china carbon seat posts. They are fine.

I’ve cracked a 3t dorico which is supposed to be strong

Seatpost is a Seatpost; just check is often

One thing I’m not a fan of on my ebay carbon seat post is that the diameter is not consistent up and down, so when I adjust height on my hardtail, I have to keep adjusting the qr tightness. Also a little disconcertingly flexy, but my butthole is intact so far

Posting here for reference since I had to text fred to ask what kind of hose clamp he used on his Ti hardtail to make enough room for his dropper post. In my case it was because I have a totally oddball seatpost OD. So, if you ever want to replace your seatpost clamp with a hose clamp for whatever reason you’re looking for a “T-bolt hose clamp”. can’t report on my own success yet since didn’t find the right size locally but will report soon cuz amazon prime to the rescue.

stopped holding in the top position at the end of a full day of riding

it was developing play, which let the pin shimmy out of the main hole on the shaft

I rebuilt it in the shop and it seemed way better afterwards, but while it was in my bag on my way home the cheap housing broke where it enters the post, so I haven’t remounted it yet

Wasn’t sure where to post this, but wanted to thank Fred for some recent suggestions/posts.

I contacted Revelate about their seat packs, and they sent some sample bags to check out. So many clever details that the copycats missed or didn’t bother with.

Might need to get some yellow-orange bibs next…