Official remember that time Blazedelf was talking about that thing that one time but can't find the thread, thread.

heh
pumpkin azz bib tight cru checking in

^ Definitely still interested in reading more about that. There’s even a guy on the facebook fatbike page selling knockoffs now, and most don’t even bother trying to undercut Revelate by that much!

It’s pretty clear that Revelate has given a lot of thought to compression and security. For example, there’s an internal Q/R strap that’ll let you compress or secure items that sit closest to the seatpost. They also use different types of buckles/sliders for the seat attachment straps and roll-top clips. The handlebar roll/pack uses die-cut foam spacers so that you can position it away from control cables, etc.

i like knocking things off. i’ve made a bunch of bike bags that i use a few times and then dispose of. i bought a revelate with the intention of knocking it off but after handling it, it truly is, a feat of engineering and there has been a lot of thought put into that design. yes, you can make something similar - and many businesses have - but revelate did a fantastic job and i’m glad to have paid for one.

They could swoop in a take all the monies if they chose to invest in a wider variety of colored fabric.
I contacted them recently about orange Terrapin and they were like “nah…”.

I would have been more content with “they don’t produce that color in the lightweight material we use”

WHY U NO TRY TO ATTRACT US WITH PRETTY COLORS?

Funds are probably tied up in waxed cotton and leather for the upcoming RADno line…

no
serious?

hahaha RAD-no. As in you don’t get rad with leather and waxed cotton, doofus.

I kid! I kid!

Can you imagine trying to fold a roll-top bag that was made out of artisanal waxed canvas and leather?

I bet a lot of people are stroking vigorously while imagining that shartmo

[quote=Reasonable Facsimile]I kid! I kid!
Can you imagine trying to fold a roll-top bag that was made out of artisanal waxed canvas and leather?[/quote]

I used to get funny feeling in the pants about that kind of stuff. Glad I’m over it now.

I always wondered why there was such a hard-on for heavy, stiff, clunky retro fabrics and construction. I still wonder.

They’re certainly more classy looking than any Ortlieb but that matters little unless you’re crossing your fingers for a chance encounter at a hip cafe.
I love how sexy my waxed canvas Acorn rando bag looks but seriously, F that heavy, floppy bag for real use.
Waxed canvas: never again.

People can be strange. Cotton, leather, and even laces were great when that’s all there was. But now, with so many better alternatives, you have to be favoring aesthetics over functionality to avoid modern materials/design.

Same deal with cantilevers. Dropping big bucks on Paul Neo Retros and dicking with them endlessly when you could just slap some mini-v’s on and be done with it.

Talk to the kid in heavy duty flannel, selvidge jeans, and wolverine work boots with soft hands and an oiled beard

Talk to the kid in heavy duty flannel, selvidge jeans, and wolverine work boots with soft hands and an oiled beard[/quote]

I’d rather not, thank you.

yeah idgi either

im all about dat xpac

Want xpac version of the giant Swift bag I have.

xpac doesnt have a long life exposed to the elements atmo. can start to delam and will get ugly dirty creases

Only one way to find out. My little handlebar bag is OK after two winters.