Official Spring cycling thread itt: gtfo of here with that arctic weather shit

I got so many deliveries to make today!
On the other hand:

BOO RAIN!!!

50s in central ohio today and most of the week with some scattered showers. mid 40 throughout the weekend. Got some serious riding in. bout to head out for some more riding today then hit a happy hour since its my only day off work. woooooo.

fack why i got so much school shit to do over the next couple weeks

Just in time for me to have a nasty cold :colbert:

It’s supposed to feel lke 84 here tomorrow, but then get back to the 70’s the rest of the week.

STOKED.

ranger bear/ jim: thats one awesome sig

nice roadie ride today. You can smell that spring is coming as the shit is beginning to melt in the fields.

melting doodoo and blossoming period blood trees.

smells get kinda weird but HFY SPRING!!!

Sorta fast 20 miles in today. Legs are feeling good, coulda gone faster. This week so far has been everything that’s awesome about spring riding.

The rain forecasted for lots of the rest of it is what sucks about it. Hoping it’s gone by the morning and doesn’t strike back until break is over, which looks like a possibility.

i am actually looking forward to the rain this week, but only so it will was away the winters full of shit that has accumulated on the roads. That and i have two papers due.

WTF!!! its in the 20’s right now with windchill in the teens

it’s in the 50’s. did a 50 mile ride today with a light jacket/usual suspects and wasn’t cold at all. feels good man

Did 50mi yesterday in armwarmers/kneewarmers. It stayed in the mid 50’s despite promises that it would get to the mid 60’s. The wind was kinda shitty and made the ride harder than it should have been, but it was great to get out in the sun.

Anyone else finding themselves to be comfortable in short sleeves and cool weather gloves? The combo feels weird to me, but it was perfect for the last 15mi yesterday. Short finger gloves would have been too cold and the armwarmers were getting a little warm.

Did 4 hours today… not sure on mileage. Weather was great. Didn’t hit 60s until late in the ride so arm/knee warmers, fleece shorts and capo lana wool base layer worked perfectly.

Rode some hilly stuff with sprint points not far from the bottom of some of the hills to simulate sprinting from race speeds over over 30mph. Was able to somewhat hang in the sprints with a cagey cat 2 and a masters trackie. Now to get the endurance again…

Fleece shorts and a high end wool base layer make every ride between 35 and 55 degrees 10 times better. If your team does champion system and you sleep on the fleece shorts you are a fool.

tarck does champ sys.
my swrve baselayer is starting to get holes and i’m a little bummed. 100% merino though so that’s just gonna happen i guess? wearing that and the longsleeve 50/50 jersey i have, FGM. So glad winter is over.

I rode the lakefront.
It was boring.
And not too cold.

SO MUCH RAIN. Not all that cold but just fucking wet.

you know it’s finally the first day of spring when the lf is packed mid-day on a wednesday, and then you come home and there is a major shoot out involving cops and robbers at your doorstep. i swear i’ve pretty much heard sirens constantly tonight.

woah wtf
we heard gunshots in our hood like 2 hours ago and a helicopter was circling around with a spotlight. I everyone goes out when its nice out

plenty of gunshots this time of year. this is the scoop, they don’t mention any open fire, but the neighbors and i are pretty sure we heard it. plus a stabbing to boot.
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/03/crash-into-police-vehicles-spurs-search.html