opinions on the kilo tt. like, strong ones.

very familiar with simple living, converted a ton of bikes to fixed/ss with their mega cheap parts. (those of you who dont know he sells tires dor 7 bucks, origin 8 cranksets w/ chain ring for 35, tubes for 2 bucks, 27inch flip flop wheel for ~30 bucks. ridiculous deals, in person only.)

he’s got schwinn madisons and redlines for about 350. Maybe less now. Problem is, those bikes looks like dick. Thanks for the tip though.

[quote=“conor”]okay, don’t tell anyone, but:

simple living cycles in framingham. dude is a nut, and you will need to regrease everything, true the wheels, adjust the brakes, etc, but it will be cheap as anything. see if he has any '08 madisons lying around.

get prices for all the bikes, and come back here.

or don’t. i don’t care.[/quote]

but it’s probably the best deal you can get. formula hubs stock on the madison; you could probably get him to switch out the wheelset for formula/open sports for a low upgrade.

where is this place? framingham? whatttt… why there, haha. but, interesting, never heard of it. i’d try some origin 8 cranks for 35 bucks.! and tires for 7

[quote=“colin!”]the kilo tt, or any bikes direct singlespeed/fixed frame for that matter- any reason why they are lesser in quality compared to a pake, an IRO mark V, a bianchi pista, KHS flite, or any other cheap tig-welded frame?

I know there is wicked toe overlap, although I am interested to hear how bad it is on a 55 or 57cm.

i know the components are crap, more interested in frame quality.

…thoughts?[/quote]
Fuck you.
I’m late to the party. Hope I didn’t miss much.

My honest experience with a kilo tt. I wanted to get into biking and maybe commute to work and get some exercise. I read rave reviews on the net about the kilo tt and decided to buy one. Here is the kicker the pro at $450 has some nice componets but it is never in stock. It is a classic bait and switch and I’m the sucker. So I bought the stripper because I didn’t want stickers and didn’t know any better about componets.
They didn’t even have the color I wanted. So now I’m $400 in and get the bike. 1st ride the back is clicking and making all kinds of noises but I get a good work out in. SO you make adjustments to brakes, seat, and what not all parts pretty much have cheap alloy maybe bolts. I ride down hills going pretty fast and am not risking getting hurt with cheap stem and bolts. So I buy a new stem that about $30-$80. Them these nosiey wheels with sucky hubs need to go. So I buy some velocity deep vs for $175 + rim tape and a few tubes. So right now I’m i about $625. Few more rides cranks strip so F now I need crankset and why not get new pedals. another $175 in $800. But seat sucks new seat another $30. brake pads and levers such another $40-$50. After getting the bike to a satisfactory level I have a G into it. But where they get you is you feel you have put so much in if I just buy this next part it will be right but it never is. In my honest opionion it is a money trap. I have experienced it and learned from it. Plus included in that G is all the Fing park tools I hade to buy. So if you get sold on kilo tt remember you get what you pay for and you will pay more then the $400 for the bike. I think the best thing on the bike is the frame for now their asking $229 at bike island. city grounds has a custom built nice bike for like $550 with the bull horns and deep V all black. Probably much cheeper then a kilo build. Now if you want to do the build you may just want to pickup a used chromo off craigslist for cheap and build it up.

please tell me this is a joke
if not
I hope you find your way

^Yes!

[youtube]m9X7NtGMYzY[/youtube]

I don’t think this is a necrothread, I believe that we’ve encountered a time-traveler from 2008.

[youtube]Hy3fs7adbs0[/youtube]

[youtube]8s5d2u7k_SY[/youtube]

now i want to watch MST3K Time Chasers

[youtube]U7mPqycQ0tQ[/youtube]

[youtube]e2jjCMgGOYw[/youtube]

Yes.

lolol

hahaha
so amazing