well there’s your problem right there.[/quote]

nope.

well there’s your problem right there.[/quote]

yup.

[quote=“edw”]
520 is basically Reynolds branded 4130[/quote]

this was my understanding

hmm

if the pake is 170 shipped, i would probably go that way, then look at shittybikes and other shops for a nice carbon fork

[quote=“sneaky viking”]You know neither one of these is a cyclocross bike, right?

Unless you meant this pake

http://www.bikemania.biz/ProductDetails ... Frame_Mute

But that’s not really like a Kilo. :colbert:[/quote]

i really like the way that pake frame looks built up

havent really read anything about it though and can’t tell how it compares to a crosscheck

but 170 w/o fork…

and double-butted vs. straight gauge.

[quote=“edw”]the pake is straight gauge 4130
the mercier is double butted 520
[/quote]

i think you all (except Kowloon) missed this. The mercier is a better bike. Not because of the tubing used but because it is butted.

[quote=“edw”][quote=“edw”]the pake is straight gauge 4130
[/quote]

i think you all missed this. The mercier is a better bike. Not because of the tubing used but because it is butted.[/quote]
I think YOU missed that I didn’t miss this.

THE TUBING USED IS BUTTED!!! IT IS BUTTED TUBING!!! THAT IS THE KIND OF TUBING IT IS!!!

I don’t miss a thing, Miss Thang.

[quote=“edw”][quote=“edw”]the pake is straight gauge 4130
[/quote]

i think you all (except Kowloon) missed this. The mercier is a better bike. Not because of the tubing used but because it is butted.[/quote]
YES. Justice is served.

:bear:

the motherfucking wheels does not fit in the motherfucking frame?

You’re thinking of Leader.

[quote=“kowloon”][quote=“edw”][quote=“edw”]the pake is straight gauge 4130
[/quote]

i think you all (except Kowloon) missed this. The mercier is a better bike. Not because of the tubing used but because it is butted.[/quote]
YES. Justice is served.

:bear:[/quote]

it has two butts!

but yeah thats what i was going to say too. the butted thing.

also butts.

[quote=“sneaky viking”]You know neither one of these is a cyclocross bike, right?

Unless you meant this pake

http://www.bikemania.biz/ProductDetails ... Frame_Mute

But that’s not really like a Kilo. :colbert:[/quote]

Cantilever brakes does not a CX bike make.

[quote=“bonechilling”]
Cantilever brakes does not a CX bike make.[/quote]

I was mostly trying to make fun of anita for posting this thread a day after her ‘I’ve been saving up for 3 years, and in six months I’ll have enough to buy a cyclocross frame’ thread.

But seriously, I checked the websites and the bb drop is the same on this and the crosscheck. Besides the weight concerns (and I’m guessing the pake is a marginally heavier frame than the surly), this would be the main thing to look for in 'cross worthiness, right? And you could throw a carbon fork on the pake and its be cheaper and overall (frame and fork) lighter than the surly, right?

I’m asking out of curiosity, mostly.
It makes sense to me that cyclocross and folding bikes are good candidates for aluminum frames, because both have to be carried more.

bouble butted

I’m really happy with the quality of my Kilo… if we’re talking about track frames. Haha, the last few posts kinda got me confused.

[quote=“sneaky viking”]I was mostly trying to make fun of anita for posting this thread a day after her ‘in six months I’ll have saved up enough to buy a cyclocross frame’ thread.

But seriously, I checked the websites and the bb drop is the same on this and the crosscheck. Besides the weight concerns (and I’m guessing the pake is a marginally heavier frame than the surly), this would be the main thing to look for in 'cross worthiness, right? And you could throw a carbon fork on the pake and its be cheaper and overall (frame and fork) lighter than the surly, right?

I’m asking out of curiosity, mostly.
It makes sense to me that cyclocross and folding bikes are good candidates for aluminum frames, because both have to be carried more.[/quote]

Fair enough. I raced Cyclocross on an old touring bike, and a buddy currently races in the B field with an old Mongoose hybrid. But generally, I don’t think of the Cross Check as really being a Cyclocross bike, at least not in the competitive sense of the term.

Looks like anita found a new place to troll.

booya