Peter Sagan appreciation thread

moar like depreciation thread amirite

Adding in my disappointment and disgust with Sagan. He was so easy to like up until now. Anyone who celebrates this is giving their tacit (frankly, their explicit) support for sexually harassing women.

I think y’all just jealous he’s signing boobs when the only thing you’re signing is mortgage checks.

Sagan is like that awkward foreign exchange student in high school that smells funny and wears strange shoes.

The ladies dig him anyway coz he’s kind cute/charming until he does something uncouth with one of them and word gets around.

Signed so many boobs he was on autopilot?

fuck your bullshit opinions
Summer of Sagan

His actions and all the reactions to it that range from rationalizing to celebrating are pretty much the literal definition of rape culture. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_culture

Yeah, this is probably not going to be the end of the world for that young woman. But it’s just a blaring example of a much larger problem and it’s pretty upsetting to see all the bro-tastic responses to it (especially on facebook). “he’s so awesome because he signed a boob, who cares that she obviously didn’t want him to and didn’t ask him to.” If some random dude touched your girlfriend/wife/daughter/mother/friend’s breast and it made her feel uncomfortable, you’d want to kill him. Why should it be ok for some douche that rides his bike fast and does crowd pleasing wheelies?

ok
he better issue an apology

. Kid needs to apologize, and get a role model.

disgust? this ain’t some unapologetic oiled-up Cipo grabassery

he just misread the situation and thought she was into it (a common thing to be asked to do), realized his error and stopped as gracefully as he could

it’s not like halting would have helped anything, especially with those dudes jeering making a conversation impossible and adding a lot of pressure to the situation, would have multiplied the awkwardness for her

it’s pretty clear from the followup with the reporter that he knows he fucked up and was trying to kill the celebration without drawing more attention/fuel to it

22 year olds are dumb and awkward enough when they haven’t spend most of their pube-having life racing at the world level with little education, no need to use your liberal arts degree to make him out as some kind of villain and not just an exhausted doofus

[quote=Dirty Sanchez]

it’s not like halting would have helped anything, especially with those dudes jeering making a conversation impossible and adding a lot of pressure to the situation, would have multiplied the awkwardness for her

it’s pretty clear from the followup with the reporter that he knows he fucked up and was trying to kill the celebration without drawing more attention/fuel to it[/quote]

Bullshit. That’s some serious inferring/reading exactly what you want from a situation. It’s not clear at all from the follow up that he knows anything of the sort or is trying to kill the celebration.

[quote=josh]His actions and all the reactions to it that range from rationalizing to celebrating are pretty much the literal definition of rape culture. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_culture

Yeah, this is probably not going to be the end of the world for that young woman. But it’s just a blaring example of a much larger problem and it’s pretty upsetting to see all the bro-tastic responses to it (especially on facebook). “he’s so awesome because he signed a boob, who cares that she obviously didn’t want him to and didn’t ask him to.” If some random dude touched your girlfriend/wife/daughter/mother/friend’s breast and it made her feel uncomfortable, you’d want to kill him. Why should it be ok for some douche that rides his bike fast and does crowd pleasing wheelies?[/quote]

How about the fact that podium girls are pretty much the only woman visible at the Tour, and they’re not even acknowledged as people so much as trophies? This incident kind of just underscores a much bigger problem in pro cycling that is hardly specific to Sagan, atmo.

[quote=josh][quote=Dirty Sanchez]

it’s pretty clear from the followup with the reporter that he knows he fucked up and was trying to kill the celebration without drawing more attention/fuel to it[/quote]

Bullshit. That’s some serious inferring/reading exactly what you want from a situation. It’s not clear at all from the follow up that he knows anything of the sort or is trying to kill the celebration.[/quote]

yeah the thing with the reporter could just be more of him just being duller than a doorknob, hard to tell the difference between that and awkward stonewalling

but do you think the situation actually would have worked out better leaving her with a half-signed boob surrounded by a bunch of jeering confused tifosi? (there’s your rape culture right there, not the boob signer on autopilot in the middle of a grand tour)

For those of you new to tarck this is about the point at which a thread like this would be locked on other forums.

This is why other forums suck and tarck is so awesome.

Hopefully, it’s a mistake that he doesn’t make again.

Thought I said this earlier. Guess I just said it on the twitters. I totally get and agree with you that Sagan is a dumb 22 year old who’s famous for his ability to ride fast, not his critical thinking skills. I’m definitely more bothered by the reactions/celebrating of Sagan’s actions. All of it just makes me that much sadder about humanity.

Need videos of awesome trail dogs to cheer me up: http://www.pinkbike.com/video/227689/

Don’t get down on humanity bro. As always, there are some good things and some bad things. Enjoy the good things, like trail dogs.

I think it’s pretty clear from the followup that he is embarrassed about what he did and doesn’t quite know how to handle that. The language barrier isn’t helping at all either. He fucked up and is probably hoping the whole thing blows by. I wish people weren’t calling him a rockstar for signing that girls breast.

The fact that this and the Tosh thing are blowing up at the same time are heartening. It’s being called out rather than just being ‘the way it is’.

Did you read about Tosh’s newest special? The producers are ‘scrambling’ to find content that doesn’t have rape jokes in it, because it’s apparently ‘completely full’ of rape.
http://gawker.com/5925751/daniel-tosh-reportedly-scrambling-to-find-non+rape-joke-before-new-show-premieres-today?tag=daniel-tosh

Could this be some watershed? I hope so. In social movements (like miscegenation laws) there’s a whole ton of outcry, things get suuuuper ugly, then support for the shitty thing breaks down all at once and public opinion shifts radically in a short period of time - a few years at most.

Nope. Bro you confusing the tour with a Motley Crue concert.