Poll: How bikes do you own?

In the interest of science.

• None
  • 16-20
  • 20+ (legit hoarder status)

0 voters

define “own” because most of us use our partners to hoard more bikes but point fingers at them as the possessors of said bikes

18 Likes

tandem counts as one?
frameset with wheels counts as one?

2 Likes

Asking the important questions.

Additional data: The weight of your parts bin stash in kilos

2 Likes

Hmm, might need to seek out compatible PBH when I start dating again.

i predict high-single-digit-answer is the average

really curious how @asterisk determined that 20+ is the cutoff for hoarder status. do you have 19?

Whoops, forgot one two. 8 9 10.

2 Likes

I refuse to acknowledge the existence of my parts bin, the pile of a dozen wheels in my basement, or the frames slowly rusting away in my side yard until I actually need something.

2 Likes

Hell, this is probably going to get more controversial but…

• Any bike in which you have a controlling interest and/or were mostly your idea to purchase/acquire. (Is this sufficiently broad enough?)
  • Can include frames which could be reasonably assembled to a complete bike in an afternoon using mostly parts you already have.
  • Tandems…count as two if that’s in your heart.

Size of parts stash…is another poll, someone go create that one after we beat this horse dead.

I honestly wasn’t sure how many options you could include in a poll and just included the comment as pith. Apparently I can’t edit a poll after the first five minutes… mods, feel free to remove the judgey comment from this serious endeavor.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

I only have 3 now, I didn’t count the Teledyne Titan frame that I’ve had forever though.

PS if you know anyone who would be interested in a Teledyne Titan frame LMK. It has a certain cold war charm

1 Like

Phew. I reduced the stable by two this summer in anticipation of moving. Looks like I dodged hoarder status.

1 Like

What if there’s bikes in the dungeon that don’t belong to me, haven’t been ridden in years, and I’ve been actively trying to make go away for just as long? I think it shouldn’t effect my total but for each one it should increase my “n” number by 1.

Guessing it’s not a 60cm.

Every time I count in my head it’s a different number, but its somewhere from 13-16. Only 3-4 get regular usage and the rest are either hanging in the shop or in an increasingly rusty pile in the closet

• geared cx
  • sscx
  • road racing storck (to be relegated to the trainer)
  • road racing scott (soon)
  • tt
  • basketbike
  • mtb
  • bmx
  • EDIT: damnit. track bike.

like 3 framesets., but I’m planning on getting rid of those and the tt bike. Thinking about moving the DA9000 off the storck and replacing it with tiagra or something because it’s gonna be on the trainer. Then maybe put the group on a steel deadender frame similar to a fairdale goodship.

there are two reasons i can’t answer this poll

1. are you talking about functional full bicycles that actually get ridden? or like framesets that COULD be built up?
  2. there is no “only when drunk” option
2 Likes
  1. Yes.
  2. I will lose sleep over this omission.
2 Likes

i really love how with 31 responses, there is only one “2” and zero "1"s