Poopbarning: not pukebacking like they used to thread

Not gonna work on that sick narrow wide jawn anyway.

Ah didn’t notice that

Good point. I think that crank is about to get tossed anyway.

he just needs a prime number cog, right?

and multiply by pi to get your chainring size. Easy peasy.

[quote=JUGE FREDD]packing a replaceable hanger is so easy tho
[/quote]
This is good reminder I need to order one to have ready.
First bike with replaceable hanger!

and multiply by pi to get your chainring size. Easy peasy.[/quote]

The gift that keeps on giving.

The weather has started re-shitting itself again. 300 mm or rain overnight in some places, slips, road closures, flooding. Bikepackers stranded in the boonies because the rivers are too high to jet-boat them out, the usual way out. To top it off, another cyclone is on the way. We just dont get cyclones over here. This will be the third inside a month. Its getting silly. This is on top of the hottest summer on record too. Bizzare.
https://touraotearoa2018.maprogress.com/

A buddy came by last week on the TA route. I’m so chuffed for her. She’s 53 years old and a complete newbie. She contacted me for bike/gear set-up advice over a year ago. She will be taking the whole 30 days. In the gnarly stuff today. She’s had no problems at all so far, while some people seem to be limping from one bike shop to the next. 4 people have had their bikes stolen out from under them so far which is pretty damn low.

Four bikes stolen? Bloody hell.
That’s why I never leave sight of my bike without putting a lock on. Too many sticky-fingered opportunists.

[quote=heavymetal]Four bikes stolen? Bloody hell.
That’s why I never leave sight of my bike without putting a lock on. Too many sticky-fingered opportunists.[/quote]
Yeah, it was 2 cases of 2 bikes, and all the gear, poor bastards. Community FB effort and the cops managed to get some of it back. I was ready to donate a bike but the bikepacking community rallied around and they all carried on. One of the ladies my buddy was riding with yesterday sconed herself and was getting scans in Greymouth hospital last night. Was concussed with some cuts and bruises. Her tracker does not seem to be moving today unfortunately. Some IG stuff here.
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/touraotearoa2018/

Wow. I feel the need to preserve this for posterity

Paging Mr Pubes…

Paging Dr. Freud…

he’s also using stiff SPD shoes on gigantic flat pedals

Wtf is that fork?

Lauf fork

Sometimes truth is stranger than depiction…

I feel like that dude is either a euro or a Redditor

Egads, I missed that. What an odd combo.