Portland? Track and Road Season 2013

Jan 17th through jan 26th :frowning:

staying at the orange tree golf resort

Also bikeshop dude said i can race on it but they have a you break it you buy it at wholesale policy

I raced PIR on a rental fugee.
It was awesome.
yolo.

also: F racing. I’ll be sitting this season out on the bench.
Alright. Back to work. I haven’t put in 12 hours of studying yet today.

I raced PIR on a rental fugee.
It was awesome.
yolo.

also: F racing. I’ll be sitting this season out on the bench.
Alright. Back to work. I haven’t put in 12 hours of studying yet today.[/quote]

are you gonna lift? if for some reason i couldn’t or didn’t want to race this season i would totally try to get my lifting way up. just think it would be fun to get real strong

More and more I like this guy

Started my season with a road race and crit this weekend.
RR: 4x ~14.5 mi laps with a bunch of rollers and one 7 min extended climb. Race was attack after attack after attack. There were multiple teams with 5+ guys racing and it was hard as crap. I ended up piping right at the big climb on the 3rd lap after multiple surges of 7-800w plus extended surges of 600w. My teammate was somewhat involved in a crash (he didn’t go down, but has a huge bruise on his arm and cuts from fingernails caused by someone going down trying to keep himself up), and I saw him trying to bridge and eventually get popped. I rode up to him and we rode the rest of the race together after dropping dudes that didn’t want to work. Came in a few minutes off the field.
Crit: blah, blah, blah. Made dumb moves, dumb positioning. Tons of attacks and I was a lone ranger in a field full of large teams. Into the last turn, I took an outside line and plans was to keep it there. Dude closest to my right jettisoned right into my line and I had to stop, adjust myself, and start back up. There was a bike length between me and 1st place and I ended up in 12th. Live and learn.
What I took away from the weekend: time to start vo2MAX intervals.

Decided not to race the early bird this morning because I was still kinda sick, so instead I just drank a bunch last night and had a hangover :frowning:

i rode the trainer this morning for 30 minutes and fucked with my saddle position for 45 minutes

story of my life.

Instead of racing the training crit yetserday, i decided that it was a good time to get into some flat, windy, rough road training. it just so happens that Murphy had an impromptu “roubaix of norcal” ride yesterday known as “the taint hammer”. 110 miles, 500 ft of climbing, 25 miles of rough roads, and 50 miles of the windy variety. it was really good training and really good base. i feel like the norcal Eadly Spring Classics; Snelling, Merco RR, and Copperoppolis, are going to be extremely windy this year. good to get in as much time in the wind and over the bumpy stuff to fine tune the ride.

NEED; double wrapped lizard skins bat rape
WANT; a carpet fiber saddle to take the vibration off my butt
; some super high tech carpet fiber wheels, like 303’s or evne 3.4’s for the X-wind.
HAVE; these specialized tires the shop rep gave me to try out called the roubaix pro’s. They’re a 23 mm tire with an extra mm of tire on each side that helps the tire go over the rough stuff when it compresses. They roll really well and were awesome on anything but the rutted fire roads. 8/10

Off the front on the first lap to open up my legs

story of my life.

Instead of racing the training crit yetserday, i decided that it was a good time to get into some flat, windy, rough road training. it just so happens that Murphy had an impromptu “roubaix of norcal” ride yesterday known as “the taint hammer”. 110 miles, 500 ft of climbing, 25 miles of rough roads, and 50 miles of the windy variety. it was really good training and really good base. i feel like the norcal Eadly Spring Classics; Snelling, Merco RR, and Copperoppolis, are going to be extremely windy this year. good to get in as much time in the wind and over the bumpy stuff to fine tune the ride.

NEED; double wrapped lizard skins bat rape
WANT; a carpet fiber saddle to take the vibration off my butt
; some super high tech carpet fiber wheels, like 303’s or evne 3.4’s for the X-wind.
HAVE; these specialized tires the shop rep gave me to try out called the roubaix pro’s. They’re a 23 mm tire with an extra mm of tire on each side that helps the tire go over the rough stuff when it compresses. They roll really well and were awesome on anything but the rutted fire roads. 8/10[/quote]

I was jealously watching my friends post about that from back in the Bay Area.

So, I think I’m going to do my first ever road race on Feb. 23. It’s a time trial thing. We’ll see how that goes.

Fukka time trial unless it’s part of a stage race.
Jordan, are you doing Madera?

how long’s the tt jp?

also the taint hammer sounds like it would have been super fun, i think a teammate of mine went

it was super fun. there was a super small group, like 10 of us + 3 girls that hopped on along the 100k portion. who were they?

there was this one guy on a ridley cx bike that was taking shots at the aid station and charging into the wind like a wild animal.

[quote=crabbi]Fukka time trial unless it’s part of a stage race.
Jordan, are you doing Madera?[/quote]

only way to get good at it is to just do it.
I’ll be at madera, but might have to bail on VOS because of epic school schedule and no fitness

Merckx style TT’s are never a case of bad judgement. Good luck.

Oh, I agree. But I wouldn’t go out of my way to actually race a tt if it wasn’t part of a stage race. I can go do a tt by myself any day.

dude, t-shirts are on the line. and cliff bars.

and peen points

no racing on the east coast for another month at least. jelz.

ps. sup bbys, im back.

Pretty bummed first RR of the season here got cancelled.

Gonna try to scope out this new circuit race series nearby coming up in march called ‘dirty circles’. could be good, could be hella boring. just need to ride out there and see the course I think to decide if it’s worth the time.