Post up your utility bike!

[quote=“bward1028”]

waiting for xtracycles to come back in stock.[/quote]

Says they are here…

http://www.bicycletrailers.com/Xtracycl ... ll-Kit.pro

Anybody with an xtracycle have any thoughts on running it single speed? I have no significan hills to contend with. If I were to run a relitivly low gear would I still be ok to haul shit? I don’t know if i’ve ever seen a ss xtra build.

^^^That sounds like no fun on a windy day.

[quote=“Quinn8it”][quote=“bward1028”]

waiting for xtracycles to come back in stock.[/quote]

Says they are here…

http://www.bicycletrailers.com/Xtracycl ... ll-Kit.pro[/quote]

…so i can buy it from the shop at wholesale

True. I’ve never appreciated multiple gears more than when hauling cargo, especially when alternating between full and empty loads or when riding into the wind.

Also, since I haven’t seen it mentioned, extra braking power is pretty important when you’re dealing with added mass.
Just something to consider.

Shit, guys, my finger’s literally hovering over the “send order” button on the xtracycle page!

Yeah yeah i know it’s not funny

looks purty cool

I’m using one hand to fight the other!

Am I correct in thinking that if you get the Free Radical kit for Disk Brakes, that the kit has the mount you need for the caliper? So you could get a disk brake compatible rear wheel and have disk brakes on the back???

I believe that to be true, but I’ll be sticking with good old v-brakes meself.

The pic of my IRO with the trailer was set up fixed 48x16. The load on that day was about 75#'s I live in Los Angeles, so there aren’t any real hills, and my full trailer runs were generally down hill and only about 1.5 miles. It was not that bad! I bought the trailer to make runs to the farmers market and I knew the route would be 3 miles round trip and basically only uphill while the trailer was empty… so I didn’t worry about not having gears…

[quote=“Lurk”]

Yeah yeah i know it’s not funny[/quote]
Geez dude, you could have just stolen the one I posted on that other thread. 100% less tasteless.

Which thread? I didn’t see it sorrehh

Helluva nice picture. You didn’t happen to take any without the bike did you?

[quote=“m4bandit”][quote=“Lurk”]

Yeah yeah i know it’s not funny[/quote]
Geez dude, you could have just stolen the one I posted on that other thread. 100% less tasteless.[/quote]

soz but that’s the least tasteless and offensive blue deep-v i’ve ever seen :bear:

that stencil is rad.

Yeah, I kinda dig it. Does that make me a bad person?