Post your commute!

edit: satellite view is much cooler

Temporary until i find another place in the city, the ride is awesome though.

how do you post those google maps into this thread?

ctrl + print screen. save as jpeg in paint.

edit: that^

[quote=xylo]Temporary until i find another place in the city, the ride is awesome though.

[/quote]

dude, that is a badass ride. I’m very jealous

I didn’t feel like zooming into downtown and getting every little turn corrected, but you get the idea.

And for some reason, Google Maps underestimated the mileage. It’s actually closer to 20 according to my GPS. Whatever.

Yeah, it is. I usually head out around dawn, and it’s a gorgeous ride down the levee. I’ll try to remember to bring my camera tomorrow and get some photos.

Russell, sofa king jealous of your commute! do you just ride on top of the levee til you hit Uptown, or what??

I thought my commute was hefty. jebus

I only do it 2 or 3 days a week. I just drive the other days.

I wish I lived closer to my job, but I really love the area I’m living in. And, of course, this isn’t the best time to be out digging for a new job just because you don’t like driving to work.

[quote=crushkilldestroy]I only do it 2 or 3 days a week. I just drive the other days.

I wish I lived closer to my job, but I really love the area I’m living in. And, of course, this isn’t the best time to be out digging for a new job just because you don’t like driving to work.[/quote]

Yeah, I wish I lived closer to my job too. I try to drive only once a week (when I have volleyball league after work in a neighborhood I don’t wanna ride through).

I’m moving into the city in August, which will make a daily bike commute much more feasible.

ctrl + print screen. save as jpeg in paint.[/quote]
im on a mac.

Yeah, Ian, I stick to the levee till I hit St. Charles. The levee wasn’t paved ever when you lived here, just gravel right? They’ve got the entire path paved from Audubon Park out to Destrehan. It’s a good 25 miles or so.

I generally make the ride once a day, alternating between staying in St. Rose and staying in the French Quarter.

Here’s an old one that I had in my Photobucket. No excuse for ever being late to work.

[quote=crushkilldestroy]I only do it 2 or 3 days a week. I just drive the other days.

I wish I lived closer to my job, but I really love the area I’m living in. And, of course, this isn’t the best time to be out digging for a new job just because you don’t like driving to work.[/quote]

Can you drive part way and ditch your car? I have a 25mi commute and I just can’t get up early enough consistently. Luckily, there is a parking lot at a park about midway that doesn’t seem to mind a car there during the day. Grocery stores parking lots are another good spot for a hybrid commute.

[quote=crushkilldestroy]Here’s an old one that I had in my Photobucket. No excuse for ever being late to work.

[/quote]

hahahaha, you could do the worm to work

[quote=barba][quote=crushkilldestroy]I only do it 2 or 3 days a week. I just drive the other days.

Can you drive part way and ditch your car? I have a 25mi commute and I just can’t get up early enough consistently. Luckily, there is a parking lot at a park about midway that doesn’t seem to mind a car there during the day. Grocery stores parking lots are another good spot for a hybrid commute.[/quote]

I’ve done it a few times, but I just feel kind of silly driving halfway and riding the other half. I’d rather just drive the whole way and log a few quick miles on my lunchbreak.

Goddamnit!
I only live like a mile and a half from my work and it’s a boring straight shot down Lincoln ave.
Not even worth a pic.
Riding to work from my girlfriend’s house is way more fun. North clark street is pretty intense during morning rush.

For some reason I couldn’t get the line to show up. It’s about 7 miles.